“simply outstanding”

Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Ernakulam
Sydney, Australia
“simply outstanding”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

An outstanding hotel. The staff were all efficient, friendly and committed and were incredibly accommodating with room requests, late checkout and food preparation. Our room was very pleasantly furnished in modern style and comfortable – a real haven. While the hotel is some way from MG Road and food outlets, the inhouse restaurants are first class and the food is superb for both dinner and breakfast: the best chicken dish and best omelets we had anywhere in India. A great stop for anyone transiting in and out of Kochi airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take this opportunity to thank you for the feedback. Your comfort and memorable stay at DREAM is of utmost priority for us and we take pride in giving our best in rendering the same.

It was an honor to serve and we look forward to your next visit very soon. Once again many thanks for this wonderful comment.

Divakar Shukla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
leeds, england
Reviewed February 18, 2014

we stayed 30th january 2014,this 5 star hotel lives up to its star rating the rooms are spacious a settee and armchairs in ours,spotlessly clean room.there is 3 restaurants one being on the roof with a bar the swimming pool is also on the roof.breakfast is the best we have had in india with so much choice indian and english.the same restaurant charges £7 for a buffet meal in the evening again the choice is brilliant the staff especially Suraj Kumar are very helpful,we also ate in the chinese restaurant they import the food from china and the taste is really good.there does not seem much to do nearby so we tuk tuked to the sights,i would not hesitate to recomend this hotel based on our visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

It gives me immense pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at DREAM. Your individual comment has been passed to the concerned associate and its an honor to make your stay worth memorable.

We would like to serve you again and hence look forward to your next stay very soon. Once again thank you very much for such a wonderful feedback.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Overall the stay was very nice except for 2 incidents.
I was given steam bath as complimentary with Sweedish Massage at the spa. But my wife was not offered the same earlier evening when she took the sweedish massage.My wife was not offerred even simple bath facilities at the spa. When I pointed this to the reception their answer was that the girl for massage on the previous evening was unaware of complimentary things. They refused discount for this lapse.

As soon as I checked-in I asked for Airport Drop and the charges by the Hotel was too high. So they offered to book private taxi at half the price and even confirmed the booking and told me that the Taxi will arrive at 6.45 Am, When I came to reception to Check-out and leave for Airport I was told that the taxi booked has not arrived and no way to contact them, Since I was stranded and may miss the flight I had to take the Hotel Taxi and paid double the price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and we are highly sorry for the same. At DREAM it is our utmost priority to emphasize on all the guest feedback and hence take it very positively to enhance the same.

As per the conversation had with you , we would be highly grateful to give best of services on your next visit to DREAM and we look forward to it very soon..

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Check-in was smooth with welcome drink and friendly staff. I booked for 2 nights but next day they called me three times asking whether I am extending or checking out. All the times I explained them that my booking is for 2 nights. finally they catch me at the reception at around 6pm for the same. I had to personally check my check-in papers to find-out where it went wrong. Some other one night booking voucher was attached to my room wrongly and hotel staff were repeatedly insisting for my check-out. when I informed my stay is for 2 nights they were not even bothered to cross check the backup.

I was not carrying any local SIM card, my family from Dubai was trying to reach me through hotel line. First day hotel connected all my incoming calls to a different room putting my family in panic situation.

My TV channel was not working. Called reception two times, eventhough they told me that they will send someone from engineering dept but no one came until I made a third reminder after 10 hours.

Room carpet is in very bad shape.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me extend my heartfelt apology for the inconvenience caused. Each and every feedback of our guest is vital and we give equal importance to all the feedback passed.

None of the guest comments are left unattended and our foremost priority is to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay with us. It was very unfortunate that we could not live up to your expectations, however would request you to allow us to serve you better next time.

We assure you best of services on your next visit. We at DREAM always value our guests and would definitely like to serve you again.

Ernakulam, India
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Had a great stay. good accessibility which can easily go to the heart of city. Food was amazing.
overall, The staff, Food and Facilities at the hotel were excellent. I have no hesitiation in recommending this hotel as a top place to stay..!! Bz its really worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nitheesh V
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for this wonderful feedback. It is an honor to learn that you had an enjoyable stay at DREAM.

We would like to serve you again and hence look forward to your next visit very soon.

Once again thank you very much for the comment.

Montgomery, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My husband MarkMMontgomery wrote a recent review of our stay here which was excellent. We returned a few days later to while away some hours before catching our late evening train. We anticipated another gentle swim in the lovely roof top pool followed by a repeat of the excellent dinner of a few days earlier. The meal was just as good but we were surprised and dissappointed to be abruptly told that the pool was for residents only and although "permitted" to sit and read in the lobby for a couple of hours the staff studiously ignored us as if embarassed by our presence. Nevertheless we tried to put this behind us and did indeed enjoy another excellent meal at the buffet restaurant. When we put the above complaint on our restaurant satisfaction form the restaurant manager came to us and expressed his surprise too. Perhaps I should add that we are a couple in our mid fifties not a loud group of teenagers who might disrupt bona fide guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
31.01.14
Dear Guest,

At the outset I would like to thank you for the valuable feedback,
It was not a pleasant feeling to go through this feedback especially when it follows an extremely good feedback given by the same guest.At Dream Cochin we follow a set standard operating procedure just to provide our guest the best of the services and convenience, however I understand a slight flexibility from our side would have given a perfect finish to your trip.Hence I request you to accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.

I request you to give us a chance more to dazzle you with our best of the services and we look forward to welcome you back to Dream Cochin again.

Montgomery
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Booked on "Points" - the entry didn't do it justice. From the conceierge welcome, receptionist and our room 1601 (upgraded to a mini-suite) we were delighted. The roof-top pool was lovely and the real bonus was the buffet evening meal in the restaurant. Oh no! not another hotel buffet - well I was right in a sense - this was not just another buffet. A really good selection including some delightful Euro-Indian Fusion starters - and a reasonable price too. Note: the beer from the mini bar was surprisingly both cold and reasonably priced.

Two minor negatives - the bedroom shower was a little slow to run away causing water to leak under the door into the bathroom and the bedroom carpet needed a good shampoo - stained rather than surface dirt.

We enjoyed our stay so much that resolved to return to use the pool and eat (not stay this time) a few days later before our late train connection - see either restaurant review or review by my wife!

Room Tip: If a view is important to you check which side of the hotel you are - didn't matter to us as we...