“Good Night Life & Awesome Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Kochi

Radisson Blu Kochi
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Ernakulam
Chennai (Madras), India
“Good Night Life & Awesome Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel has a famous pub and a good crowd puller during weekends.

The food at all the restaurants it has great and staff are young and professional.

The pub at the hotel is really upto its name "Dream" and a must visit for ann nightlife freaks.

Only diadvantage of this hotel is rooms - due to converting an apartment into a hotel, as all the rooms are different in shapes, sizes and amenities.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Raghav1982
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
25th October 2013
Dear Guest,

At the outset allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for the wonderful feedback, we at DREAM always emphasize in rendering best of services to all our esteemed guests and hence take pride in doing the same. It is a pleasure to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Divakar Shukla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed for buisness at the dream hotel for 2 night - rooms were great and big with nice furniture -

Tv selection also good and clean staff is great.

food selection is graet but more selection have to be added for the breakfast

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank nidotraveler
25th October 2013

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We have been doing our Canadian education and Admissions fair in the hotel for the past couple of years but the standard has just not improved. Their banquet hall looks dull with old carpets and if you look at the white table cloths .. they have massive oil stains and look yuk! when i asked their banquets manager abt this, he said, oh we dont do education fairs - these table cloths are used only for buffet tables! But i told him that such table cloths for a meal table wd be even worse? he shrugged it off with "oh we put runners in the center so its never really visible!" .. The staff are helpful and try their best but it seems like the management isnt really keen on promoting it as a five star hotel.. its way behind!

The rooms have blue lighting inside but once you manage to switch off the blue light, it is OK. I was lucky to be upgraded and the room had a very functional massage chair as well with options for swedish massage, etc..so it was relaxing!

4 Thank Ganga D D
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
09th October 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused. We at DREAM ensure that all our esteemed guests are treated well with best of services and we are at toes to resolve any matter as it is never left unsolved. However, it is unfortunate that we could not meet up to your expectations. Nevertheless, I assure such kind of occurrences have never been a part of our service standards and is not taken for granted. Hence, we would like to serve you again with best of our hospitality.

I am sure you would give us another chance to serve you better on your next visit. We assure to render best of services to make it worth memorable.

Looking forward to your next visit very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel located in the heart o the city ,is the best one I ever stayed..Their facilities and service are appreciable...,I would like show my gratitude towards the team behind Dream...Thanks and looking forward co operate with you more......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Harsha121
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, October 8, 2013

Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at the Dream Hotel for one night on a work-related trip and I was very glad to leave the next day. My first indication that that I had a tough night ahead of me was when I saw the carpet in the lobby- it was dusty and looked like it hadn’t been cleaned in a while.
The check-in process was ok and the staff is terribly sweet but once in my room, I was a bit turned-off by the tacky ultra-modern décor. Don’t get me wrong I love ultra modern but it doesn’t work if the rooms are disgusting and dirty. The blue and white carpet was almost tan from dirt and the white leather chairs had numerous stains all around. In the bathroom the toilet seats were worn and could have been cleaned a little better. The hallways of the hotel had a bad smell in some areas.
From the reviews that I have read on tripadvisor, I would concluded that many local guests seem happy with the hotel however if you are an international traveler like myself I would suggest that you look for another hotel. The standards at the dream hotel just don’t measure up.

7 Thank siren_isis
09th October 2013
Dear Guest,

Looking forward to your next visit very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

I'am a business man from Indonesia, I stayed at Dream Cochin recently on a business visit.. Hotel is near to the shopping hub MG road, and whatever you want, u wil hv it near the hotel. Service of the hotel is swift, which is required for a businees traveller.. I hv a smooth check in/out ... stylish room, nice food a mediteranean resto.
Great Experience !!

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

I was only in Kochi for one day and night and the hotel recommended to me was booked and I was referred to the Dream Hotel. This place looked great from the outside and the lobby was also very inviting. But that's where it stopped. I stood at the counter for over 10 minutes waiting to be attended to while 3 staff members seemed to be doing very little. Then I was told to wait and I would be seen to soon.
Not a good first impression. Checkin was very slow. The charge for internet use was excessive in the extreme. Double what I have paid at far better hotels. When I entered the room, the key did not activate the lights and a maintenance man was called to fix the problem. After half an hour sitting in the dark the room was finally ready.
The room was very tacky with old furniture disguised with badly painted white paint to try and make it look better. The room was small and airless with a view to nothing.
The experience was so bad I asked the Travel Desk to book a bus for me to return to Kannur later that night. My preferred carrier was Ashoka Travel but the travel desk said there were no buses going and they directed me to another service. I found out from Ashoka they had a bus going earlier but they do not pay any commissions to the Dream so I was booked on a carrier they could get a "kick back" from....to my detriment.
In all, I stayed in this hotel a total of 4 hours. It was that bad. However, I was charged a full nights rate even though I used nothing in the room.
I would highly recommend that travellers find another hotel in the area rather than use this one. No Dream here...only a Nightmare!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Graham P
Divakar S, General Manager at Radisson Blu Kochi, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are highly concerned with the sour experience of yours. It was an inadvertent happening which was never done intentionally and we extend our sincere apology for the same. We are extremely sorry that we could not meet up to your expectations and hope you would give us another chance to serve you better.

It was and unfortunate circumstance and such kind of happenings are never a part of our service level. DREAM as a whole ensures that all our guests have a memorable and comfortable stay and hence be regular with us and surely would like to make you next visit truly a wonderful one.

Once again I extend my sincere apology and look forward to your next.

Divakar Shukla
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ernakulam
Kochi Marriott Hotel
Holiday Inn Cochin
#4 of 29 in Ernakulam
Trident, Cochin
Trident, Cochin
#23 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,886 reviews
Crowne Plaza Kochi
Crowne Plaza Kochi
#1 of 3 in Maradu

Been to Radisson Blu Kochi? Share your experiences!