The beach alone is worth the price. Hard working staff. Clean resort. Food is great. The only thing dragging this resort down to a 4 or 4.5 star is the interior design of the room; resort looks great on the outside, and the 2 storey villas look great as well but if t he interior is upgraded then it would definitely be a 5 star. But hey who really spends a lot of time in the rooms. I was kind of worried about the security situation in Mexico these days; not having travelled their before but playa del carmen, cancun and the mayan riviera are very safe. Im already planning a trip back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Despegar.com so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma