After reading some reviews we were a little worried about overbooking, rude guests and the food, we took the chance and booked Privileged Superior. Emailed Pilar to make sure we had a room, it was confirmed. Arrived at 11 am room was not ready, but that was expected. Samantha in the Priv. check in was quite nice to deal with and assured us everything would be good. She was right. We loved the place, the beach is really the best we have been to in Mexico. Room was dated but clean. Top shelf liquors were hard to come by but they did have some. Food was quite good in the sit down restaurants, no carving station at the buffet would have been nice, not much of a selection for meat and potatoes lovers. Steak restaurant had the best filet we've had in nine trips to Mexico, Italian restaurant was also very good. Priviledge guest also have Terrace restaurant for sit down breakfast and lunch, which we utilized every day. If they didn't have what you liked all you had to do was asked and they tried to accommodate. We did not go hungry at CPM. The staff are very friendly and if you are polite to them, they will go out of their way to please. As for the rude Europeans, the American guests were far worse. We loved the place and are planning to return again in the fall, granted it's not a 5 star but it is clean, friendly and fun. A great bang for your buck. If you're worried about overbooking please contact the hotel in advance and confirm they have you on the list, we did and had none of the problems others have had. Again a huge thank you to Samantha, Juana, Javier, Quierino, Juan, and all the other staff for having us as their guests and providing us with a great, relaxing vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma