My partner and I (along with another couple) had the privilege of visiting Catalonia Playa Maroma from May 22 - May 27.
We honestly can say that our stay far exceeded our expectations. We had no problems getting chairs near the pool or on the beach. In previous trips to other resorts, we had to wake up at dawn and get our towels on a chair if we wanted any chance of getting a decent spot.
The resort is extremely clean and well-maintained.
The best part of the resort, however, is the entertainment staff (especially Jesus!!). They do a great job of getting the guests involved in various activities. Make sure you see the live shows at night in the theater! They're better than other shows we have paid to see and they're absolutely free! We were able to see a Madonna show, Disney show as well as Mr. Catalonia which were all extremely entertaining and well-choreographed.
Don't miss out on this tropical paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma