We just returned from 8 days 7 nights - It was amazing. The beach was gorgeous. The water was perfect. We read many reviews before we left and went with a very open mind. We too had some issues with our reservation. We booked a Privilege Superior Ocean Room and when we checked in we had a courtyard view. When we met w/our Apple Rep he spoke with the front desk and they said the soonest they could move us was day 4 of our stay and offered us a Lobster dinner & couples message for the inconvenience. Long story short we were move to a Suite on day 3 and it was awesome. The staff was great, the food was way above average for an AI resort, the drinks were not weak, the grounds were beautiful and very clean. Tried all the restaurants except for the Italian and enjoyed all of them, even returned to the steak house twice. My husband was thrilled that he was not required to wear long pants and no reservations were needed (first come first serve) so we could decide last minute where we wanted to eat. Our favorite place for breakfast & lunch was at the Terrace (Privilege only). In a pinch even Room Service was amazing. WiFi throughout also another plus. The only complaints I have are they really don't explain anything at check in. We were lucky enough to meet some people who had been there a few days and told us the ins & outs. If you want tiki hut on the beach be prepared to go down between 6 - 6:30 a.m. The beach bar was located between the beach & pool but easy access and very quick. Several times a day they would have staff bring drinks around the beach and take orders - very nice unexpected service. Lots of activities at the pool and on the beach but they are not pushy if you choose not to participate. We were very pleasantly surprised and can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma