What a great time we had! The resort is beautiful and kept so clean. They work very hard to keep it immaculate.
The food isn't great, but it's what you expect at an all inclusive.
The alcohol was good, and abundant. Juan at the beach bar is a doll!
Our room was clean, and everything worked well.
The night club isn't very busy, but I'm sure that changes with the crowd.
The shows were very entertaining. All of the spoiled Americans who complain that the staff caters to the Europeans are nuts! The staff went out of their way to mingle and socialize with everyone, and in a multitude of languages. Kudos to a great team.
The taxi ride to town is about $25 each way. There is no shuttle.
The beach is clean and large... beautiful!
All in all, it was an enjoyable stay... Thank you!
Pismo Beach, California
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma