The hotel is now called Catalonia Privileged Maroma. My girlfriend and I went to this resort for a week in the beginning of November. The drive from theCancun Airport is approximately 30 minutes. Get 2 beers from the airport for the drive. We arrived at the resort where we booked a privileged room. This is an upgrade from the basic room. We had no wait for check in because we were privileged guests. The walkway from the lobby is long but cool because of the beautiful trees and the coati's. They are friendly little racoon/monkey looking animals. The walkway was also frustrating. The resort has alot of french people there. The walkway is wide enough for 4 people to walk side by side easily. Almost every time we walked down this walkway, there were ignorant french people walking 3 people wide and not move over causing them to bump into you.
The room was awsome. The bed was so comfortable. The bathroom was a litle dated but definately aceptable. The beach was huge. Lots of chairs to sit on. There was a waiter coming around to get you drinks. The ocean water was rough. Not calm at all. You couldn't snorkel from the resort because of the rough water making it cloudy.
The 3 restaurants were all equally great. The food and service were great. The restaurant above the beach bar had an amazing view to go along with the food and service.
Take a snorkeling trip to palancar reef. It was amazing. There are no shops near by. Downtown Playa Del Carmen is around 35 minutes away. That ia a $25 taxi ride each way. We will definately be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma