My husband and I along with our two kids stayed from aug 12-16. I think it was the perfect hotel to go with the kids but wouldn't go if it was just my husband and I. We booked the Priviledged room and got building 6 room 6121 and had a direct view to the pool so every morning I would go reserve a spot!! Adults also got a complimentary 1 hr spa/jacuzzi so that was a surprise!!!
Now on the food... The buffet was MUCH BETTER than the a la carte dinner BUUUUUT the walk from the Priviledged rooms to the buffet felt like a MILE!!! If you have little ones take a stroller!!
SERVICE.. It was good but the restaurants had close to terrible service!! In the buffet there is Roberto Gutierrez aka speedy Gonzalez and he was AWESOME put all the other waiters to shame.
THINGS YOU MUST PACK!! Stroller and Mosquito repellant and lots of it
Vacation was good but I wouldn't go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma