Myself and my new hubby booked this hotel with Thomson holidays because the price was fair and we could stay in the honeymoon room for the same price compared to standard rooms at other hotels. One thing i must say is the beach is breathtaking, Go and have a coffee there in the early morning its beautiful! The hotel was ok... i wouldnt say it was bad and i wouldnt say it was amazing. Being English here is a bit of a downfall...Everyone is foreign...For 2weeks my partner and i only spoke to each other pretty much (Which on honeyymoon was actually quite nice). I think if this was our annual holiday we would have felt quite isolated and if you had young childeren they wouldnt be able to play with the other kids and would probably be bored. The evening entertainment is good at the hotel, The shows are much better than any other hotel weve visited. One of my biggest down falls about this hotel was the male entertainment staff, The males spend most of there time walking round the place admiring there own physiques which was entertaining to say the least! The girls were ok it was just the men. The honeymoon suite was ok ..The bed was lovely a nice big four poster. Completely different to whats advertised online. The photos on the website shows petals in the jacuzzi, Champagne, chocolates , Balloons...Well we didnt get any of that until my hubby questioned it at the recpetion and then they sent us a bottle of bubbly and x4 forreiro roches, By this point the moment really had passed though. The waiters are amazing, They work so hard and seem to work long hours to. If you are looking for a hotel thats ok and you get a good deal on this hotel i would go because the beach more than makes up for other down falls. If i went to Mexico again we wouldnt stay at this hotel unfortuantly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma