My boyfriend and I stayed here for a weekend for our first time in Mexico and we had an amazing time here. The beach is beautiful, the employees are awesome and very accomodating. We got to know a few of the employees a little better, especially Roberto who works at the buffet restaurant.
There are a lot of Europeans there, so it was interesting to hear the employees speak both spanish and french, italian, etc.
The food was pretty good, although not the best, but the services there were perfect. They definitely know how to treat you well. We especially loved the creperie which is right by the beach. The rooms were clean, and pretty large, esp for just a 1 bedroom.
We would definitely consider coming back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma