We have visited 13 different Mayan Riviera resorts over the last 12 years. For the first time we recently returned to a resort for a repeat visit. There is everything to like about the Catalonia Playa Maroma. The employees are very friendly and accommodating without being obsequious. The food was once again excellent. The a la carte restaurants have great menus. Activities are great and animators excellent. The beach was superb for swimming or walking. You can easily walk 2 or 3 kms in either direction. This time we stayed in the "Privileged" section of the resort which had many additional perks including its own beach area with ample lounges which meant no early morning chair claiming. ZERO COMPLAINTS!! LOTS OF POSITIVES!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Playa Maroma is situated in the Mayan Riviera, at only 35 kilometers south of Cancun and 20 kilometers north of Playa del Carmen. Regarding to the Travel Channel, Playa Maroma is one of the most beautiful beaches of the world. The typical Mexican decoration with its vibrant colors and palapa roofs surrounded by the native jungle make this resort the perfect place to spend a wonderful vacation. The Mayan World has to offer a lot to its visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Catalonia Playa Maroma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Catalonia Playa Maroma Del Carmen
- Playa Maroma