All reviews puerto morelos private beach sister hotel jungle garden free transportation pavo real by the sea kin sol soleil beautiful hotel hotel offer short drive rooms are spacious hotel entrance drinks cold spent a week here great shower continental breakfast all inclusives
Reviewed May 14, 2018

We spent a week here which was too long. We had the pool to ourselves which was lovely though. I'm pretty sure there were a few nights when we were the only guests. The room was basic and clean - no complaints. Staff lovely. Our only reservation about the place was there was one place to eat - the Burger Bar - you also had breakfast here. The food there is totally fine but you could end up being the only couple there and the menu is very limited. The staff from neighbouring hotels seem to come for their lunch and this was the only time we saw it busy. Yes, there is a sister hotel but its 2 kms away, you must make a reservation and a bus/taxi will take you there and collect you. I believed there would be at least 2 or even 3 restaurants and I also thought we were beside the sea. the information on the website is a little misleading. We ended up hiring a car which we would recommend. We had no security issues in Mexico - staying on the main routes and found the Mexican people lovely. I would recommend this hotel but only for a couple of nights as a stop over to sightsee.

Room Tip: Our room was right beside the pool which was lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Montserrat F, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Amarte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Dear Belllrelandia,

Thank you so much for visiting our unique little Hotel in Maroma Bay. One of the things we give to all of our guests is the private location and connection with nature.

We are sorry about the misunderstanding about if you would think that Hotel Amarte has access to Maroma beach, we had it before and all of our reviews said that for our previous guests, it is kind of confusing, I hope you understand that all of them are part of us and by now we want to make the new ones as you give us yours.

By the moment we invite you to see all of our future improvements.
Best Regards

Reviewed April 29, 2018

We just visited this hotel for a weekend-getaway, we were greeted by Adinel (I think that was her name) the front desk staff of the afternoon and she was super friendly and gave us all the information. She was always smiling and welcoming. The rooms a nice and clean. I really enjoye the fact that there were animals roaming around, loved the cats. Shower had good water pressure and internet was good. At check out, another girl from the front desk helped us and she was super friendly and helpful as well. We will be definitely going back!

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Montserrat F, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Amarte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Thank you so much for your visit and review, we are so happy that you met our cats, "they know how to get to you", they are so adorable.
Hotel Amarte always tries to keep the balance to enjoy all of our surroundings, for that we are adapted to nature and we give you all relax and comfort you need, creating a totally different experience. We are so glad that you enjoy of all of our facilities.

We will be waiting for you...

Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

So you might be looking at this hotel because of the price point. After booking fees, etc I paid $70 a night. It was fair at that price. But you will have to consider you are kinda far from Cancun and Playa de Carmen. So $25-30 taxi ride or be brave and take Collectivo for a couple bucks.
The hotel is too boring to spend more than 1/2 day chillin by the pool.
No beach, they wouldn't tell me how to walk there. There was a shuttle offered to go to another resort for 500 pesos! But you have to be back by 4.
A taxi to go to the beach was still 25us, rip off.
So I spent my time going to Playa, and Cozumel. 2 excursions so I went to Akumal. Don't buy their Escaret tour, they told me $100us which is good! I find out when I got to the travel agency in Playa it was $156, pay it or don't go. So I paid, and was offered no ride back to the hotel. Single white female had to take a taxi back from Playa after 10pm, no safe, no resolution, I have to ask my CC for a charge back.
Hotel is pretty, nice grounds, bed is rock hard, AC smelled, no tv. Very basic, friendly hotel staff. They don't speak English very well. :(
And free breakfast is a little muffin, toast and small plate of fruit.
No issue with bugs.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Montserrat F, Gerente at Amarte Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2018

We appreciate your comments, it helps us a lot to improve our services.

Hotel Amarte is a Hotel to relax, make contact with nature and yourself, have a good time to spend with family, friends or yourself. The location helps us to give privacy to all of our guests, you will never find the crowded of people of Playa del Carmen, we are in the middle of Playa del Carmen & Puerto Morelos, 15 minutes away but the time depends on the rush time, perfect location to meet our beautiful nature and touristic zones from Quintana Roo. Maybe Hotel Amarte was not what you were looking for in this part of your trip, maybe could be for the future ones, we hope you want to stay with us in the future to see the improvements.

We did not tell you about the walk to the beach because the only way to get to the beach is by the others Hotels and we tried to give you the best option with a shuttle service included to give you comfort.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2018

From the moment you walk into Amarte Hotel, you feel like family. Montse and the rest of the staff go out of their way to make sure you are happy and comfortable. Special shout out to Victor for giving us a tour of the property. If you are looking for loud music and drinks by the pool this is not the place for you. We stayed in unit 25 which was a junior suite. It was perfect. Comfortable bed, spacious layout, great shower and a private balcony for listening to the sounds of nature at any time of the day. We were surprised to find no tv in the room but grateful at the same time. Very good internet for some work I had to get done while away. A small fridge for keeping some drinks cold. The pools are relaxing and very quiet. We spent two afternoons at the pool by ourselves.
There is an option to take a shuttle to the beach where you have access to food and drinks served by the waiters at Pavo Real. You can go into the water there and the beach has very soft sand. Well worth spending the day down there. Again, very quiet atmosphere.
Continental breakfast included at the cafe across the road where there is also a small shop for basic necessities and local food if desired. You can also catch the local van (bus) to Playa del Carmen right across the street for an inexpensive ride to town. I think it was 25 pesos per person. Gets you there just as fast as a cab at a fraction of the price.
My wife at a massage at the hotel by Shelly. She said it was one of the best she has ever had.
I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for some quiet time outside the usual craziness that can be Mexico.

Room Tip: Go with the jr suite
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 27, 2018

We had a wonderful, relaxing week at The Amarte Maroma and describe it as a unique boutique resort of private bungalows with porches and hammocks set in a beautifully maintained, lush topical jungle garden. The rooms are large, well appointed, and perfectly cleaned. It was a pleasure to return to each day.The 2 pools were quiet and peaceful. We have travelled extensively throughout the world and The entire staff of friendly, helpful, informative, happy, delightful women and men at the front desk, the restaurant, waitresses, drivers, grounds keepers etc were exceptional. Special thanks to Montse, Ricardo, Ade and Fernando who made us feel like we were family. The breakfast of fruit and a full basket of assorted fresh homebaked muffins, rolls and danish was more than enough. We had the pleasure of using the beach at the Pavo Real which was gorgeous, private and an easy walk or free shuttle ride. On the nights that we went into town for dinner, we felt perfectly safe and comfortable taking the collectivos right outside the gate on Rte 307 for the 10 min, 25 peso ride to Puerto Morelos and really liked coming back at night to the quiet, privacy and of our bungalow, the friendly staff and the beautiful beach at Amarte. We would definitely stay there again!!!

Room Tip: I think they are all great!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple