Amarte Hotel
$517
$519
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
$508
Travelocity
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
$515
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
$350
$576
$457
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $533/night.

Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$389
$367
$391
$349
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$295
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$367
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspuerto morelosprivate beachsister hoteljungle gardencontinental breakfast isfree transportationminute drivepavo real by the seakin sol soleilnice bungalowsquiet paradisespent five nightshotel offerbeautiful hotelhotel entrancedrinks coldrooms are large
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My partner and I staid at the Amarte resort for 2 weeks (end of May - beginning of June). We chose this hotel because of it's natural/authentic feel as well as it's relatively cheep prices for the area.

While the hotel isn't located directly on the beach - this was not a problem to us. Not only does the hotel offer free transportation to the beach, it also only takes about a 10-15 mins walk to get to the beach. For the most part we chose to walk there. During our walks we ran into a variety of local animals including crabs, turtles, coatis, iguanas, and basilisks just to name a few, which was very exciting.

The beach itself (named 'Lolita') was also a lot more naturally preserved compared to that of the neighboring hotels, it almost gives you a feel that you're on a deserted island. There were very few people at the beach (we were the only ones there for the most part). This however could be because it wasn't a busy tourist season yet.

While the hotel is located in a deserted area there is a convenience store and and a few restaurants on the premises for your convenience. Thus you don't need to travel away to buy meals or snacks.

We'll definitely be staying at Amarte again if we visit this area in the future!! Very happy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elena P
Reviewed January 11, 2013

"Amarte Maroma" is a breath of fresh air in a jungle of "all-inclusive resorts" at the Riviera Maya corridor, all the same with over-crowded beaches, and manicured gardens. "Amarte" is one of the very few hotels that strives to be in harmony with its surroundings and have a small ecological footprint. Once there, you will always feel that you are the only guest in the place. This feeling is created by the bungalows being like small islands in a sea of beautiful natural gardens. We felt in love with the "minimalist" architecture, the kindness and helpfulness of the staff--from the receptionist to the "always smiling" Frank, who was in charge of the beach club.

We used to run every morning from the hotel to the beach which is a couple of kilometres away. The beach was the highlight of our vacation, it is a beautiful, natural area and it was just for us!

On the value side you'll be paying far less of what you will pay in any of the neighbouring all-inclusives, and have an exclusive vacation instead of sharing the beach with thousands of tourists.

In brief, "Amarte" is by far one of the best places I have ever stayed.

Hans Herrmann
Marine Ecologist
Montreal, Quebec

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hherrmann
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I got married here because the hotel has a lovely chapel in the most amazing beach that tops those found in Cancun and Playa, this is only accesible by free transportation provided by the hotel though. Staying here is for people looking for absoute peace and superb food.

As a non inclusive it can be a bit expensive but the food of its restaurant EL PAVOREAL is mouth watering. The staff is very helpul and super friendly, particularly Mr. Omar who was fantastic to us throughout our stay

There are no TV's or WIFI in the bedrooms as the whole point of staying here is to feel isolated and just relax. The jungle like premises makes you feel like you are far from civilization but with all the comfort you need in each room, however due to this fantastic jungle like feeling watch out for mosquitos and other insects. Insect repellent is a MUST to be worn during your stay here. I am the kind of person that always gets bitten first so for me it was imperative to use this everytime I was walking around the place, this guaranteed me a bite-free stay.

MY ONLY WARNING:
The only major negative of this place was to use its gorgeous beach as my wedding venue, my wedding was amazing and went smoothly but with a very expensive price attached, the main thing that you should know if you get married in this hotel's beach is that the hotel won't provide anything except for the toilet paper in the toilets. This meant that I had to rent everything from napkins to a whole power plant to provide electricity and lighting during my event.

The worst part is that not the hotel nor my wedding planner ever told me this before signing the contract with them for my wedding. I came to found out halfway through the organization process and this was such a big letdown as it meant that the cost of my event went completely out of the budget I established.

If someone had warned me about this I think I would have give it a second thought for using this hotel's beach for my wedding.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alejandra2003
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We are gratified to receive such glowing compliments on Amarte's beach and private wedding chapel, boutique hotel rooms, delicious food in Pavo Real Restaurant, and excellent service delivered by our staff. We heartily agree!

However, we do take exception to the comments about what was provided for the client's wedding. This client came to Amarte through an outside wedding planner and we gave the service that was contracted by that person. As is the case with any wedding venue, the client chooses which services are desired and signs a contract which states what is and what is not included, just as this client did. Amarte is a full-service destination with our own wedding coordinator and event planner on staff, and we are able to provide all of the services including legal arrangements, cocktail receptions, banquets with personalized menus, entertainment, flowers, photography, transportation . . . as well as hotel rooms. In this case the wedding coordinator contracted only the use of the beacn and wedding chapel.

We are very happy that this client chose Amarte for her wedding. Our goal is to provide our wedding clients with a unique setting and a personalized experience on their big day, and we are confident that she received that.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have been at the Amarte for 2 nights now and the food in the resturant is excellent and reasonably priced. The staff are very helpful and allways say ola when they walk past. I would recommend this hotel for any occassion, they even put a container of insect repellant in the room, due to the jungle like location this is very much needed. This is a tropical paradise and has access the a lovely beach only avaialable via the free transport supplied by the hotel. I stayed in a bungalow room that has a thatched roof.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Keith2007
Reviewed May 16, 2012

When my wife and I first decided to do a destination wedding in Mexico we assumed we would go to your standard all-inclusive resort. After looking at several, we came to the realization that they all were essentially the same. At the recommendation of our wedding co-ordinator we researched Amarte Maroma. As soon as we saw the pictures, we knew this was the place for us.
In a word, Amarte is ... BEAUTIFUL. Let us go into some detail about each aspect:

1. The property: Our entire party stayed in the Bungalows which are built into the Jungle. The grounds are naturally beautiful and incredibly well maintained. In fact you couldn't walk around the property during the day without finding someone sweeping and keeping it clean. While the resort is conveniently located directly off a major highway, you couldn't tell once you were inside. The jungle growth kept you feeling secluded. The architecture of the resort pulls off the perfect balance of looking new and modern but yet somehow still feeling authentic. The swimming pool is a good size and located perfectly in the middle of all the bungalows. Considering the entire resort consisted of our wedding party this made the pool the perfect spot for people to meet up at or for impromptu late night pool parties. Right outside the main restaurant (Pavo Real) there is a beautiful garden area and Art gallery as well. As far as the beach goes, it is so amazing that it deserves it's own section.

2. The Beach: I've been to other parts of Mexico and several different places in the Caribbean and let me tell you, Maroma Beach is far and away the most beautiful I have ever seen, and the competition is not even close. As you are walking up the path way through the jungle towards the beach your first sight of the water is breath-taking. You can't believe the different hues of blue. Truly incredible. The sand itself is soft and white and as clean a beach as I've ever been to. One of the most special aspects of the beach is that it is private to the resort. No running down at the crack of dawn to reserve a beach chair. Take your time and enjoy your morning because there is plenty of space for you whenever you get there. On the beach itself lies some incredible architecture. I can't stress enough how authentic it felt. There is a beautiful open-air chapel, as well as a stone terrace area that was absolutely perfect for our wedding.The only less than perfect part of the beach is that it is about a mile shuttle ride from the hotel. While this isn't ideal we found that the staff does a good job of accommodating the guests. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a shuttle down to the beach. Also, everyday when we were dropped off we either arranged for lunch to be brought to us or set a time for our return trip. Either way the staff was pretty prompt and flexible with our requests. In general, we found the trade off of having to shuttle to the beach more than worth it in order to enjoy both a private beach as well as the quiet seclusion of the jungle hotel setting.

3. The food: There are 2 choices on the property for food, The Pavo Real restaurant and a Burger bar. The burger bar was a new addition while we were there. It was very casual. The menu didn't have a lot of variety, but we thought the burgers were very good. This place was a nice change of pace if you just wanted to grab a quick lunch, or were looking to go casual for dinner. If you're looking for a challenge or want to feel authentic, try brushing up on your spanish. Not only was it easier to communicate with the staff in spanish, but I felt like they appreciated the effort on our part as well.

As far as Pavo Real goes, the menu was an interesting blend of Mexican, French, American, and seafood all rolled into one. I found every meal I had there to be very good. There was an excellent variety of options that made it easy to go back everyday and yet still feel like you had something to look forward too. However I had a tough time not getting the Chilaquiles con pollo y salsa verde for breakfast every day.....Amazing! Considering we were traveling with family, including some young children, the staff even created a secondary menu that included options for those who weren't looking for sophisticated fare. The decor of the restaurant was very tastefully done and included a piano and dance floor. Many nights there was live entertainment as well. The structure of the restaurant itself is beautiful with panoramic views of the property. I would say Pavo Real definitely compares favorably to a 4 star restaurant in the US, although considerably cheaper. One last note regarding Pavo Real. They make a mean Margarita!!!

4. Service: The staff provided very good service from the start and it only got better as our stay continued. Danny and Lilliana were both very good. They made sure all of our guests needs were being met. Mike, the General Manager was amazing. Mike keeps the entire place running at a high level. He couldn't have been better to us or our guests. Whether it was a quick 5 minute chat in the lobby while waiting for a shuttle, or stopping by your dinner table to make sure you were ok, Mike went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable. By the end of our stay he felt like part of our family. As far as the rest of the staff goes; whether it was bartenders, waiters, or anyone else, they were all efficient, friendly, and enjoyable.

In summary, we feel as though Amarte Maroma was the perfect place for our wedding. Its natural beauty and incredible architecture mixed with a little old world charm was exactly what we were looking for. Throwing a destination wedding can be a very stressful experience. Doing it at Amarte somehow enabled us to still be able to unplug from the world and relax while pulling off an amazing event. If we could do it all over again we seriously wouldn't change a thing. The grounds, the staff, the food, the beach all exceeded our expectations. It's a wonderful feeling to know that as we start a lifetime of experiences together, we will look back on the beginning at Amarte Maroma with nothing but incredible memories. If you are looking for your typical "Vegas in Mexico" all-inclusive then Amarte may not be for you. However if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, and natural experience where you can go off the grid, Amarte should most definitely be your choice.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends