Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa
$669
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Amarte Hotel(Playa Maroma)(Great Value!)
$75
$68
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
$420
$377
$414
HotelsClick
$781
$504
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$357
$320
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$298
$280
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$434
$274
  • Breakfast included
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,245 results
All reviewsel solfreddy's barbeach bedsfresh tortillasevery morningjuan pablohand made tortillasfour seasonsgarden roombeach servicethe cantinaceviche barplunge poolworkout roomsnorkeling tripmayan cultureturquoise water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I cannot express in words how much me and my family love Maroma. We have been 3 times and the latest was with my parents. I am 39 years old and my folks in their late 60's and all 4 of us love it so much. The staff at Maroma is exceptional. You get a sense they truly love their job and make you feel at home the second you get there. A special thanks to Jessica Maya in concierge who could not be sweeter. She is a true professional and made us all feel lucky to visit such a wonderful piece of paradise.
The garden rooms while simple have an understated sense of luxury. I love the hammock on the patio for an afternoon nap.
The food is really great. I looked forward to breakfast every day. The cute woman making the homemade tortillas and the exceptional quality of the fruit was fantastic.
The beach is spectacular. The beds on the beach were always easy to get...maybe because it wasn't high season. The service is attentive but not overwhelming. They seem to understand when you want to be left alone and are friendly always.
I look forward to going back again soon and thanks to everyone for making it such a memorable trip for me once again.
Note: despite being very expensive, my wife and I did the romantic dinner for two in the tower. It was heavenly to have the stars overhead and the ocean breezes while enjoying a perfect meal paired with wine and cocktails.

Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Soccerbeds
Reviewed May 9, 2013

There is probably little to say that hasn't been said before in other reviews on this site; Marama is a gem. It is a lovely low key luxury hotel on a wonderful strip of beach about 30 mins away from Cancun airport.

The hotel offers everything you could want from a 5 star hotel - understated luxury in a completely stress free environment.

The staff are wonderful and really make this hotel - unobtrusive and extremely accommodating. The restaurants are relaxed yet refined; the food is good, although I would not describe the food as outstanding.

Yes, the costs are high but certainly no higher than any other 5-star hotel in the world. However, if $8USD for a diet coke is going to annoy you, don't come to this hotel.

If one were trying to be picky (and I am really trying here...) I could highlight that the bedrooms are on the smaller side (certainly our junior oceanview suite wasn't large by resort hotel room standards), the bath-shower was built in traditional style and did not look too inviting as a soak tub (I only showered) and there are no TV's in the rooms. I know some hotels/people are against TVs in-room so that guests can "get-away-from-it-all" but my own preference is to be given the choice. Anyway, there is good WiFi!

I guess, in conclusion, the only thing I can say is that I would genuinely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a relaxing break and that I would very happily return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reuters
Reviewed May 5, 2013

FIrst of all, I would like to state that my wife and I have been to Maroma a total of 4 times now. Most recently last month. There are many reasons why we keep going back despite the fact that every year we try to convince ourselves to go elsewhere. We debated Hawaii, a Caribbean island, western Mexico, etc. I would like to share our logic in why we keep going back to Maroma.

1) The Service! The staff at Maroma simply WANT to serve you and make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Everyone from the check-in staff, bell service, waiters, bartenders, housekeeping, spa staff, and beach servers. The service is consistent and strong! We have yet to encounter poor service in four stays. My wife and I stayed in top resorts around the world and have to say that the service here is unrivaled. Many times in the past we have found service on caribbean island resorts to take a back seat to resorts in Mexico. The Mexican people just seem to care so much more and take such pride in their work. Maroma epitomizes that work ethic and dedication.
We would place Maroma service above Las Ventanas, Rosewood Mayakoba, Banyan Tree, and other places we have been in Mexico.

2) The Beach! Simply world class. They groom it regularly and it shows. Far larger than what you get in the Mayakoba resorts. In addition, it blows away anything you get on the Pacific side of Mexico. The beaches in Cabo are dangerous and not even in the same league. You get Caribbean water at Maroma.

3) The facility, Truly Authentic Mexico! You can put many resorts around the world and still have the same 'feel.' Maroma only works in Mexico! Everything is hand-made by locals. Granted, the rooms are more rustic than the Rosewood, but have a relaxing charm. If you want modern and new, Rosewood is your cup of tea. If you want to feel like you are in Mexico, then Maroma is your match. The spa is very rustic and has amazing treatments. The best my wife and I have had in Mexico. My only complaint is a lack of a hot tub in the spa. But that is a minor problem. The workout facility is adequate. As many travelers know, a workout room is what you make of it. There are 3 pools to choose from, so you never feel like you are crowded.

4) FOOD! The main restaurant has excellent food, everything local and fresh. The higher end restaurant is a must to try as well as everything is taken up a notch. I am a oenophile and I have to say that the wine list is most impressive. Of course the prices are higher than what you pay for in a store, but not exorbitant. I loved trying mexican wines that I quite frankly are never exposed to in the U.S.. The sommeliers are fantastic and were very helpful. In terms of cooking, Chef Juan Pablo is a tremendous upgrade from the previous Chef. He brings in food from around the entire region and you taste the freshness of everything! You can tell when someone truly cares about the food they serve, and he brings his 'A' game everytime! We did not have a bad meal in four stays. We can say that the food at Maroma blows away the Rosewood Mayakoba and Banyan tree.

I have to add in that we brought our infant and nanny. Maroma was tremendously accomodating with a crib and all the 'little things' that you need with a little one around. We always felt safe at Maroma as well. We felt like we were at home away from home. We have stayed in several different types of rooms at Maroma: ocean suite, Master suite, and Sian Nah suite. Our favorite is the latter but the master suite has plenty of room for a couple or even if you have a child. The regular ocean suite would be too cramped with a kid.

Overall we think that if you are contemplating the mayan riviera, it comes down to Maroma or the Rosewood. The Rosewood has a very modern feel to it and is very 'grandiose' with gorgeous rooms. The rooms at Rosewood have a notch up on Maroma's. The spa at Rosewood is also more modern and has more amenities. However, those are the only plusses my wife and I can place over Maroma. Maroma has a very 'family' feel to the whole facility that we didn't experience at Rosewood. The food, staff, service, beach, and quality of spa treatments were all FAR better at Maroma. Maroma is the place whether you go for romance or as a family getaway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank tehiukko
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My wife and I went here with another couple to escape the Midwest winter. Could not have found a better place. Extremely pleasant staff greeted us. Bags were taken to our room while we checked in. Beautiful accommodations, no tvs which were not missed. No cash was needed. Did not even sign a tab or check. Just gave our room number and they took care of it. Any service did have a 15% tip added. Excellent spa with a wide range of services. Great beach and beach lounge beds. Multiple pools. Lush manicured landscaping. A lot of staff that seem hidden until you need them. Well worth the money. Food is mediocre. Would recommend the restaurants and ordering off the menu rather than the prefab dinners.

Room Tip: Any is fine and each is different.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at Maroma Resort and Spa.
We were greeted by name when we arrived as well as every morning at breakfast and at the beach. Sergio was our man at the beach who took care of us by making sure we had a palapa and lounge chairs as well as cold drinks be it a margarita or ice water. Sergio was there for our every need and always had a smile on his face. Victor was our man at the bar and he took care of us every day all day.
What an excellent bartender and a hard worker. This was our second visit to the resort and we definitely look forward to going back again.
The free breakfast was outstanding and if there is something not on the menu just ask and they will try to get it for you. The dinners were a little high priced but the servings were large and the food was excellent.

Room Tip: We stayed down by the second pool the first visit and the second visit we stayed in the main building. I prefer the room by the second pool a little farther away from the main building. It was quieter by far and the evening walk after dinner was nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple