Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Catalonia Playa Maroma(Playa Maroma)
$480
$575
Amarte Hotel(Playa Maroma)(Great Value!)
$73
$68
$845
$534
  • Breakfast included
Kin Sol Soleil(Playa Maroma)
$700
$377
$682
$466
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Maya(Playa Paraiso)
$327
Hotels.com
$347
$305
  • Breakfast included
Iberostar Paraiso Beach(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$320
$264
  • Breakfast included
IBEROSTAR Paraiso Del Mar(Playa Paraiso)(Great Value!)
$408
$222
13,243 results
All reviewspreferred clubworld cafebarefoot grillel patioour honeymoonamerican idolsecrets boxroom serviceentertainment staffbuilding conciergecoco cafefrench restaurantwelcome homehydrotherapy circuitocean viewpool volleyballmy pleasure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2010

great stay for relaxation and romance, food is excellent, staff is eager to please

3  Thank johnoinbalto
Reviewed February 3, 2010

What else can I say- this place was amazing. We went there for our honeymoon and it was wonderful. The staff is SO kind and attentive. The food was great and the room was so cozy. One night we came back to our room and everything was perfect- like out of a movie- there was a warm bath full of rose petals, champagne, and the curtains were drawn- how romantic :)

The beach was beautiful too and it was hard to pick between going to the beach or staying at the pool! On nice days, there's a bunch of outdoor activities to do too: volleyball, remote control boat racing, ping pong, yoga, you name it.

Even though the weather wasn't the most cooperative, we still had a great time. There were really cool shows and the drinks were great too. Oh and the spa was again, Amazing.

I would highly recommend checking this place out.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank autumn03
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Excellent staff, beautiful surroundings. Lovely white sand beach.

3  Thank otisscout1
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Classy and elegant hotel. No suprises . The beach is awsome, the down side. There was some sredded plastic floating in the ocean. The food is great. This place was one of our best if you look at all the destinations we have been so far. Not recomended for party's. The group ages are mid 30's to 50's. We are looking foward on going to the new secret wild orchid in Jamaica., new hotel opening for 2010 in Montego Bay. there is also Sandals in Antigua wich we are also looking to go.
** This hotel has exceeded our expectations, bare in mind that there will always be someone not satisfied at the hotel regardless were you go. ** Please visit their website for more pictures.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 2009tips
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I read the reviews of Secrets Maroma Beach on TripAdvisor, like so many others here. We just got back this past Friday, and there really wasn't much to complain about at all - and I looked for flaws.
We started with a nice, quick and painless check-in. I had been bracing myself for an ordeal based on what I read here, but it took all of 10 minutes before the bellhop was taking my luggage to suite 1411. We had opted for the swim-out pool, and LOVED it. I rarely saw anybody using theirs, which really didn't make much sense to me. The water was nicer than that in the main pool, and I liked the privacy. In our opinion, definitely worth the extra money. From what I saw of the Preferred Club swim-out suites on the beach, there was little privacy and I would have been disappointed with the location. I have to echo the sentiments of so many others who have stated the Preferred is just not worth paying extra for.
The resort is beautiful and kept clean. I'm not sure how some have complained about the landscaping - the grounds crew do a pretty good job and most of the property is stunning. The beach itself was everything that was advertised. The one little gripe I had is that it was often very windy on the beach, and the water was very rough. Certainly not the fault of the Secrets team, but just something I figured I would include. We didn't really notice that much of an issue with the poolside chairs; one more than one occasion I was able to get a chair in the middle of the afternoon with little to no problem.
The staff were all very nice and courteous - no complaints here as far as that is concerned. Tip your waiters, bellhops etc. These people really do make your stay that much better and it is the least you can do - especially when you see the state of the country outside of the resort zones.
While we really just took advantage of the near-perfect weather and didn't do much in the way of activities, we both really enjoyed the Tequila tasting class with Fernando. Not only was it a lot of fun, but we both learned a lot about the different kinds of tequila and how to drink it properly. If you're only going to do one thing, this is it. It took about an hour total, and was well worth the time. Great job by Fernando!
As for complaints, I would have two. Firstly, the plumbing situation. We were on the ground floor and did not experience any issues with hot water. However, the stand-up shower never really drained correctly resulting in taking a shower and bath at the same time. Additionally, one day the entire resort apparently woke up with no hot water. This was fixed by midday though. Not terrible by any means, but I can understand how some of these little things start to add up for some people and ultimately detract from the experience. For us, it was really not a big deal and more of a minor annoyance.
The second problem we had was the food. Definitely not horrible as some have insinuated. We enjoyed El Patio the most, followed by Himitsu and the Seaside Grill. I was extremely disappointed with Portofino, but that may be due to my Italian heritage and the fact that I have been spoiled with world-class Italian cuisine living just outside of Manhattan my entire life. The breakfast at World Cafe was everything you could want and more. In all, I think some upgrades to the dining experience are in order. It was often good, but many people are looking for great when staying at a resort such as this.
I would highly recommend Secrets Maroma Beach to all my friends and family. Though there is room for improvement, this place hits the mark far more often than it misses. I would go back in a heartbeat, and I think that is ultimately what speaks volumes.

14  Thank mario8273