“One word: Perfection!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Neosho, Missouri, United States
“One word: Perfection!!!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Don't pass this up- most dreamy romantic 7 days we could have had for our honeymoon- we loved it! We paid extra for a swim up- worth every penny!!! Food, rooms, entertainment we're excellent- absolutely no complaints! Mosquitos were bad at night- eat inside at
al a carte restaurants! :) That was something they tried to fight and it's simply not their fault so still a perfect vacation in my books! We've been to 3 different resorts since then- we're always saying how much BETTER Secrets Maroma was! In fact, I'm dumbfounded that anyone can complain about this place- it was heaven! I think my only tips are yes, upgrade to a swim up (they did try to sell us timeshare at check in on 1st day but it was VERY low key, no pressure at all) because it's worth every penny! Jacuzzi, personal concierge (8 am-5pm), swim up pool, SPA coupons, 24 hour room service, tailored mini-bar- it was really a great package and the pool was so convenient, especially when you've been drinking. No walk back from pool or trying to get dried off to walk back- your steps away from your bed! GO- you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank TravelinNewbies
E-Concierge S, Public Relations Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for recommending our resort and for the five stars rating!

Hope to see you back soon.

info.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,474)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Longview, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is the best trip we've ever been on. Everybody was friendly and we couldn't have asked for anything better..The entertainment staff was great. Manuel on the beach was a very hard worker to make sure we were happy.

3 Thank erick d
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy you were satisfied with our staff and hope you can come back to our resort a second time.

Evans, Georgia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've been remiss in writing this review...Almost a year, but just remembered I hadn't written about this awesome place yet. My wife and I go to Mexico at least once a year, sometimes twice and of the more than two dozen places we've stayed this is the numero uno so far. We're waiting for something to knock it off the top of the mountain. That being said, it's expensive and we normally can't afford to come here. All that aside, this place is beyond awesome! The service and food are top-NOTCH and the location brilliant. We especially loved the pool side service and swim out pool. If you're looking to be pampered and taken care of, this is a great place to start. There are other great places, especially in Riviera Maya, but so far this place is King. Perhaps we'll try again during hurricane season...that's when it gets affordable for us. But, you get what you pay for...

Best steak I've had at ANY resort...not just all-inclusives.

Room Tip: If necessary, pay an extra few bucks for closest spot to beach...The resort isn't large and it...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Michael D
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for submitting this wondeful review and please keep in touch with us to find our about upcoming offers.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I spend four days/three nights at Secrets in June 2014 and could not have been more impressed. We stayed in the preferred section with a swim up room. All I can say is it was heavenly!. Upon arrival we were whisked away to the private check in. The young lady greeted us and offered us a refreshing cool towel and a glass of the bubblely with strawberries in it while she handled our check in. We got to sit back and relax while she took care of all the paperwork and brought us our keys. Once we were checked in she escorted us to our room all while telling us about the ammenities on the resort and about the concereige service in our building. When she opened our door I was in love with our room. Large bath with tub and seperate shower. Huge canopy bed, bar, sofa, tv etc.. The cherry on top was when she opened our door to the porch and we saw the pool right on our door step :-). After we got settled and began to roam the grounds I was so impressed with the beautiful landscaping and how tidy and neat everything was. The beach has the softest sand I have ever felt in my whole life and was absolutely immaculent. There were gentlemen out every morning clearing any seaweed that had washed in. I have never seen a group give so much love and care to the grounds. Everyone on staff was so friendly and always glad to answer any questions or point a lost patron in the right direction of where they were looking to go. We spent one day in the spa and HIGHLY recommend it!! Also be sure to go down and check out the bar at the beach and ask the guys to fix you a Toucan (sp). AMAZING!. I have travelled all over the world and I have to say Secrets is on the top of my list to return to. It was so welcoming and relaxing I hated to have to leave.

Room Tip: Definatley try a swim up room if you have never done one. :-)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Pamela B
Dear guest,

We thank you for submitting your review and give us a five star rating!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I’m back home and I can’t stop talking about this place. Secrets Maroma Beach is amazing. It was the 7th all inclusive we’ve stayed at, and it completely obliterates the rest. I won’t name the other resorts, but I will say that I’ve stayed at the upper grade all inclusive's of a couple other big names, and until going here I was content. Being honest, I balked at the price at first, thinking “a beach resort is a beach resort how much better could it be?” A lot better!!!!

Let’s start with food. At all inclusive’s, I’m accustom to breakfast and lunch buffets where you can find some things you like but nothing great, and dinners at restaurants you have to make reservations for, that are the quality you wish the rest of the food was. At Secrets Maroma Beach, the food is great!!! Here’s my scale, your typical neighborhood American chain like a Chili’s or Fridays would be a 5-6, and the best steak house in your city, like a Del Frisco’s, Morton’s, Capital Grille, would be a 9-10. The lunch and dinner here are a consistent 7-8 which I find phenomenal for an all inclusive. It’s a la carte, but you order whatever you want. We arrived just before lunch; my first meal was Sea Bass and Asparagus. I denounce and reject myself up front, but by the end if I couldn’t decided between 2 entrees, I just ordered and ate them both =) (I’m a cyclist, I need the extra calories) Now the kicker is that the breakfast buffet is a 10. The crepes are world class, the Belgian waffles have the perfect crispness to them, the eggs are scrambled well, and the bacon has a healthy thickness to it (Don’t forget the morning Mimosa =). Eating is one of my favorite things, and I have to tell you, I looked forward to waking up for breakfast every morning. Now based on talks with others, my understanding is that the break buffet is better than the room service breakfast so just keep that in mind if you choose not to go out for breakfast. It’s worth mentioning that there are 4-6 restaurants, but the only one you need to make reservations for is the Hibachi grill due to capacity issues, I only saw 2 grills in the restaurant.

On the wait staff and bartenders, they were also great. While dining, I always had more than I needed. Over a whole week, I don’t remember my glass making it to empty. Also, I’m disappointed in myself for not speaking other languages besides English, but it wasn’t even an issue here, as everyone spoke great English. No matter if we were at the beach or pool, someone checked on you every 15-20 minutes. Not only would they bring you drinks, they would also bring you food!!! No matter where you were hanging out, someone was taking care of you. You never had to move unless you wanted to because the staff is on top of it.

2 Thumbs up to the room, we stayed on the first floor in a swim out and it great. We shared the swim out with 8 other rooms, 1 of which had our travel buddies. We found that the resort is sized so well, that we typically used it alone with our friends, but the couple times other people were there it was fine, because it has a good size on it. Maid service came twice a day, once around 9am-10am, and again at 6pm-8pm while you’re at dinner. That doesn’t sound like a big deal but it is, helps keep things neat, clean, and romantic for your return =) The room also a “Secrets box”, which is like a double sided cabinet next to the front door. If you have room service, but don’t want to get dressed you can just have them leave it in the cabinet which can be unlocked from your side, its great!!! It’s really the detail when it comes to the room; they leave you 2 pair of terry cloth slippers which make it so much better walking on the tile floor. I can’t stress how awesome room service is. If it’s one of the few times a day between meals, or you just don’t feel like going out, you can order room service. Since we were hanging out with our buddies in the swim out we would order like 6-7 plates of food at time between meals, ranging from shrimp tacos, to crème brulee, it gets there 30-45 minutes after you order. Have to note here the room has a cordless phone so you don’t have to get out the pool (all smiles). Nearly forgot, the room has some type of auto thermostat, It works so well, I forgot thermostats existed, now that I look back, I just know that I was in my room and super comfortable every time I was there.

The resort is pristine, like it opened last month. While walking around we saw them painting a few areas, I guess someone inspects it regularly, and anything that’s lack luster or faded must be replaced or fixed immediately. This is huge; there were very very few bugs, which is incredible. Mosquitoes eat me alive so this is the type thing I notice. Over a week I used no bug repellant, and was not bitten once. Not one time did I have to swat anything away from my food or drink. This resort is surrounded by mangroves/ marshy area, so whatever they’re doing is no easy feat. I saw them fogging the foliage one day, but they must also have some sort of ultra sonic barrier or something, because its paradise. Also they have the perfect amount of everything. We didn’t have to wake up early to stake out beach chairs or pool spots, like we’ve had to do at other resorts. You just glide through the day on your own accord and everything works out here!!!
Other guests and the entertainment staff were also great. It seems that most people there were on an anniversary, honey moon, or wedding. This was great for us, because everyone was there to have a good time, but no one was obnoxious, or spring breakey. The entertainment staff was very friendly, but not pushy if you didn’t want to participate in the games or activities. And finally the night show performances where incredible, specifically the trapeze act. It was like a miniature Cirque Du Soleil, I’ve never seen such a talented resort staff. While there I asked as many other guests as I could if they had ever been to a place this nice, no one had.

O yeah, the resort was so nice I almost forgot to mention the beach. Apparently it ranks #3 in the world. The sand is white, and the water is crystal clear. There were no rocks anywhere, and the sand just easies into the water with no sudden drop offs. Learned this while there, a benefit of white sand is that it doesn’t get hot in the sun light, so your feet are always cool. The resort rents kayaks for free, you can take them out solo, or go on one of 2 daily group trips out to the reef about a half mile off shore. On one of our solo trips we saw a sea turtle.

In closing, it’s not if we’re going back its just when. This resort was so great, that I would have a hard time trusting someone else’s judgment on another resort if they haven’t been here first, and that’s saying a lot!!!

20 Thank Arthur C
Dear guest,

I seemed like you are our fan! We loved your review and can't wait to have you back.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I looked at quite a few places for our honeymoon but SMB kept popping up on lists of top resorts so we decided to spend the extra money and do it (I even convinced him to do 7 nights instead of 5!) - I'm SO glad we decided to spend the extra money for this resort. We had a swim out room which was pretty awesome - especially when I crashed the day we got there and took a nap, gave my husband something to do without leaving me alone :) The staff was so welcoming from the minute we stepped off the shuttle - I love that everyone tells you "Welcome home"...it really did feel like home while we were there. I'm definitely glad we rented one of the beach cabanas for a day - I actually tried to see if we could get one for our last day there too but they were already sold out. Arturo and Marco took AWESOME care of us that day and Arturo even took my name so he could let me know if someone cancelled for Saturday. Our concierge Yanin was fantastic -always able to answer any questions we had and super welcoming. The entertainment staff is awesome - how they remember names of everyone is amazing. Jordan played my husband in a ping pong tournament and he remembered us the rest of the trip. Anytime he saw us it was "Hey Jon!" Ivan was also great - we didn't realize when we met him during a kayak tour that he was on the entertainment staff but again was great with names, checking on us at the pool to make sure we didn't need anything. Diana was hilarious during the Guacamole class (LOVE her!). And I can't forget Fermin and Israel!
The food was fantastic...we almost skipped the Italian restaurant because we have such good Italian in STL but kept hearing people talk about it so we decided to give it a shot...SO glad we did, could definitely stand up the Italian from home.
The beach was amazing...I couldn't stop taking pictures of it while we were there. The sand is pristine and the water is amazing.

4 Thank KSSchroeder
Dear guest,

We are very happy you've decided to spend your Honeymoon here and can't wait to receive an email letting us know you will be celebrating your first year anniversary.

Howell, Michigan
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My Husband and I spent our Honeymoon @ Secrets Maroma Beach. We had an amazing time. Food was great. Staff was wonderful and you cant beat the scenery. It was our first all inclusive and I am not sure we will go anywhere else now that we have been to the best. We had a 3rd floor room and our view was amazing. Im sure a swim out room or porch Jacuzzi would be amazing but I don't think we would have traded our room for that. All depends on what your into. I could go on and on about how great this place is but my words would not do it justice. I say "see it for yourself"!!!! Thank you Secrets for the memories and see you next year for our 1 yr anniversary!

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floors offer amazing views if you don't care about the swim out pool or Jacuzzi. Eac...
3 Thank kristen c
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the wonderful words! We hope to see you on your Anniversary and please send us an email when you are ready to return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#39 of 209 in Playa del Carmen
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#24 of 209 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!