We just got back from a 10 day trip to Secrets Maroma Beach. I have to say from the private transfers with American Express from the airport to the greetings we received when we reached Secrets we were excited and relaxed! We booked a preferred Swim-out suite. We were greeted by name by everyone and told they had been expecting us, they lead us all the way to building 25 all the while giving a tour. We were greeted in the preferred lounge with Welcome home, any drink of our choice as well as cold towels. Our check in with Jonathon was delighful and speedy. We were lead quickly to our room by our concierge Nancy (wonderful by the way) and our luggage was already there. I can tell you how comfortable it felt to be treated so kindly.
This was just the beginning of our week in heaven. We had a vow renewal ceremony planned Saturday evening on the beach. The wedding coordinator, I can't speak highly enough of, Ceclia. She and I had been corresponding for over 2 months about the details of what we wanted. I can unequivocably say she was a better wedding planning than the person I used for our first wedding! It was unbelievable! If your planning a wedding for secrets DO IT! You won't be disappointed.
The food, in general excellent, my husband couldn't stay away from Martha's omelets at the World Cafe. The hostess Denisse was adorable, hi! from the Arnold's! The seaside cafe was also excellent for breakfast, I loved the quesadilla's with chorizo.
Portofino, El Patio and Himitsu were our favorite dinner spots. Almost always too full to have dessert, but ordered ice cream in our room - outstanding the best we ever had! Chocolate and Coconut can't be missed.
The entertainment crew Oscar, Alejandra, Juan....all wonderful and alot of fun! The shows are definitely getting better and the band they use for idol night is excellent (they also play at the disco on friday night).
Ok. just a few things for the downside...stuff that happened but didn't spoil ANY part of our trip.
1. Two days after we arrived the light bulb in our shower blew, we didn't call anyone, couldn't be bothered, we could still see enough to shower and shave.
2. The refrigerator, never worked, but again didn't care, had the preferred lounge bar a few steps away and just grabbed bottled water, beer or soda and brought back to the room.
3. The water pressure was sort of low, but not too much to complain about.
4. The maids sometimes didn't get to our room to clean until 5:pm in the afternoon. Not sure what that was about. We were there during the grand opening and they were extremely full and busy. Oh well. They did come back after cleaning every night and to do turn down service.
5. One additional tip, the swim-outs on the 20's side, i.e. the right when looking at the ocean, do not get any sun. So the water is very cool. If your looking to hang at your pool alot, ask from room in the 15 - 18's, they get more sun.
6. It was the rainy season, but made the best of it. Hung out at pool and got in the water when it rained, hey your wet anyways right?
7. The spa was wonderful, had my wedding hair and makeup done by Raquel, gosh she did a good job. The massages were also excellent, however NO hot water in the beautiful showers. Twice we did massages and I was unable to take a shower in the spa. Bummer!!
All in all it was a fabulous and relaxing vacation. I do have to say if you don't know spanish it's ok, however if you try to learn a little they really appreciate it. I witnessed some people from the US, who obviously didn't know spanish, practically yelling at the waiter they were giving their order to. Just because they speak a different language does not mean they are deaf! It was a little disheartening, as these people are working extremely hard. We spoke to a few (as I am fluent in spanish) asked them what their daily wage was and I was astonished to learn it is equivalent to an hours wage for us in the U.S. I realize it is all-inclusive, however if you find someone doing an extremely good job, give a tip, they could use it! You will also find in return even more good service.
Hi to all our favorites, Jonathon, Cecelia, Nancy, Eloy, Oscar, Alejandra, Denisse, Manuel and Betsy. Thanks so much for making it a memorable and wonderful anniversary trip for my husband and myself. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen