There are so many wonderful things I could say about this hotel and our week we we spent here. From the second we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated wonderfully. The beach, hotel, pool, restaurants, staff, grounds, EVERYTHING was just fabulous.
Here are some tips if you are travelling here:
1) If you aren't interested in investing in a timeshare, I would advise not agreeing to go get the vouchers they 'forgot' to give you at check in. I had thankfully read a load of reviews before my husband and I went here, so I was prepared for the pitches. They will call you the evening you arrive or the next morning if they didn't catch you at check in, and tell you to pick up your vouchers that they forgot to give you. I simply just said I wasn't interested, and that's the last we heard of it.
2) The bottle cap opener is in the bathroom of your room, located on the wall. We didn't think to look in the bathroom unfortunately. We called the front desk initially to ask if they could send up a bottle cap opener, and as always they were very kind, quick, and helpful with telling us where the opener was located.
3) We flew through Sunwing, and the drivers that bring you to the hotel when you arrive in Mexico are separate from the hotel, so the hotel does not arrange pick up for you on the last day of your stay. Simply go to the travel agents office in the hotel, and if a rep isn't there to help you, look for the Sunwing book, or whatever agency you flew with, and it will indicate the time the van will arrive at the hotel for pick up.
My husband and I are so looking forward to coming here again. I would 10000000% recommend staying at this resort to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun is tucked away on secluded Maroma Beach, voted the World's Best Beach by the Travel Channel four years in a row. This unlimited-luxury heaven provides opulence to the most discerning traveler with a pure white sand beach, stunning ocean views stretching as far as the eye can see, elegant suites providing 24-hour room service, daily refreshed mini-bars and several of them with swim-out access to twelve smaller pools plus a shimmering infinity pool, gourmet dining options and chic lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun Hotel Playa Del Carmen