“Great Vacation”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I returned yesterday(7/28/13). I am totally impressed by the resort, the staff, the service, the beach, and it goes on and on. Analie, Antonio, Freddie and everyone in the preferred club were superior. There is not one negative I could think of to make the experience better.

Room Tip: I really enjoyed the preferred club.
1 Thank Mfh1040
RafaelCordova, Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having chose Secrets Maroma Beach as your destination to spend your holidays.

I am so happy to know the good experience you had with us. Thank you for mention Analie, Antonio and Freddie, I will be sure to extend your comments to them.

Please consider us for your next trip, we will love to have you back in this paradise.

info.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,377)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
McDonough, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

The resort was super clean, the food was great and service was awesome. We didn’t have to wait to dine in any of the restaurants, we were seated right away. Only the hibachi restaurant called for a reservation. I will admit that the mosquitoes were pretty bad if you wanted to dine outside. Once the sun went down the mosquitoes came out. So if you’re headed to Secrets and you want to dine outside, take some Off with you. You can thank me later for that tip! You would also be smart to bring twice as much sunscreen as you think you will need. My wife and I burnt right through two bottle of Hawaiian Tropic spray quickly. Don’t worry if you don’t want the hassle of packing a couple extra cans, they have plenty for you to buy at $22-$24 a whack! Even off the resort the sun screen prices were super expensive so my intent is not to knock Secrets but to make future sun goers aware of the cost…

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ocean view preferred club (2600 series). The view was nice but I didn’t sit out on...
1 Thank TNewman123
Dear guest,

I am very pleased that you had an amazing time with us.

We are taking care of the mosquitoes situation, and we hope the next time you will come you will se the difference.

Thank you very much for the time you took sharing with others your experience.

Looking forward to host you.

Best regards,

Owings Mills, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

What can I say that has not been already said about singing the praises of the Secrets Maroma Beach resort? Those who did not love it there are probably impossible to please under ANY circumstances. The check-in at the Preferred Club was quick, the room was beautiful, the view was breathtaking, the drinks were splendid, the food was brilliant (a bit of a foodie myself and did not have a meal that was not pleasing), the spa was delightful, the evening entertainment was exciting and fun and the beach was the best we have experienced in Cancun. We rented a palafitos for 5 days – as I am very fair and burn easily and we loved it. Gasper was our palafitos server and he was EXCELLENTE! Carlos, our concierge, was so helpful in a flight home issue we needed to resolve. Would I recommend this resort to my friends? Already have!

1 Thank Judy J
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your beautiful words about this your second home.

For us is very important be sure that our guest are having an excellent experience with us and besides the recomendation to other visitors, for us is important to know that you are going to come back and you always will remember our magnificent beach in the mornings or the smile of one of our employees saying It's a pleasure. The little details make the difference.

Looking forward to serve you again.

Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We traveled to Secrets Maroma Beach last year for our honeymoon. This place fits the bill for comfort, relaxation, and romance. The food was good, and we enjoyed the nightly entertainment. The staff was always willing to go the extra mile for whatever you needed. We will definitely do a return visit in the near future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmandaOwenby12
Dear guest,

Is delightful to know about the wonderful time you experienced with us.

Is our goal to always be willing to go the extra mile as you said for whatever you need and I am very happy that we exceeded your expectations.

Please consider Secrets Maroma Beach your second home and do not hesitate to contact to me for your next trip back to this paradise.

Warm regards,

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I are fans of the AM Resorts concept. For those of you who do not know, AM Resorts is the marketing arm of Secrets, Dreams, Zoetry, Now, and Jade properties. Each resort is independently owned, but the properties have similar if not exactly the same facilities : Restaurants are named the same, spa services by Pevonia, etc. We have stayed previously three times at the Dreams Riviera Cancun which is by far our favorite if travelling with kids. We chose to take a trip without the kids and had always heard Maroma beach was awesome, so we paid a little more and stayed at this Secrets property vs the Capri or Silversands.

In a nutshell everything was great except for the food. The food was not bad it was just not what we experienced at Dreams Riviera. I would definitely say this is not a reason not to come, but it was surprising. I can honestly say that the food in all restaurants was a step below Dreams.

Other than that rooms we fine, staff was excellent, drinks flowed well, and crowds were minimal. You can always get beach chairs and the clientele is a mix of Mexican, European, and American tourists which seemed to mix well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your confidence and support to AM Resorts. We are a big family and for us is very important to provide different options in order that you can choose between spend a beautiful vacation in the company of your family and spend a romantic couple´s time in a luxury ambiance.

I am very sorry for not having meet your expectations in the matter of food. I will be sure to pass your comments to our Executive Chef, because for us is very important each opinion. That is the only way to move foward to the excellence.

I really hope you can give us another chance to sorprise you and convert you in our repeat guest.

Please do not hesitate to contact to me if you decide to return to SMB.

info.semrc@secrestresorts.com
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Secrets Maroma resort at the end of May for our honeymoon and we had the time of our lives! We will definitely be going back as soon as we can. Our room was on the beach front and the view was amazing. We upgraded to the Preferred club and really enjoyed all the amenities!! My favorite was the internet in our room. That way we could email all our friends and family at home. Also, the upgraded bar service was nice. Our alcoholic drinks were always stocked. Plus, our room was cleaned twice daily. The staff was amazing!! Special mention to : Humberto at the cabana, Roberto and Ceasar our concierges, and Lucio at the breakfast bar. The food was awesome! Our favorite was the Mexican restaurant! We made sure to eat at all of the restaurants and we always enjoyed our meals. The drinks were fabulous as well. We recommend getting dessert at all the restaurants! We spent the first 2 of our 7 days at the pool and really enjoyed all the games and activities they offered. My favorite was people watching! The rest of the days we spent by the beach at the cabana!! I definitely recommend renting the cabana during the day!! They only cost $40 a day but you have to reserve them ahead of time because they book fast! That was well worth the cost! The cabana staff were soooooo wonderful! After dinner, we would sit in the lounge by the bar and hang out and meet new people. They have a cigar shop in the resort that my husband enjoyed. They had a tequilla tasting event as well. There was so much to do and every night there was a different show to watch. We were worried that 7 days would be too long but when we come back, we will definitely be staying at least 10 days!! We can't wait to go back!! Also, we were not hasseled at all to buy a time share. When we arrived and checked in, we were asked what session we could attend to hear about the promotions and we never went. And that was the end of that! So, we had a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Beach front room was awesome! Recommend top floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Preferred Club. For us is very important to know how wonderful your vacation was and if you have some comments or suggestions regarding our service.

Is a pleasure to know that Cesar, Roberto, Lucio and Humberto made the difference. They are very commited people and we are very proud of their work.

Looking forward to host you in the near future... This time maybe for 10 days!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my husbands and I second time here and it was just as wonderful the second time. The service is fantastic, the staff treats you so well and the entertainment staff work so hard. I will go back! !!!!!

1 Thank Diane M
RafaelCordova, Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear guest,

We are very grateful for your confidence and support, and for keep choosing Secrets Maroma Beach as your holidays destination.

On behalf of all the staff working at SMB I would like to thank you and encourage you and others to keep believing in this big family who is happy to create unforgetable memories in all our guest.

Your 3th time with us will be more than wonderful!

Warms regards,

Secrets Capri Riviera Cancun
#35 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 9,092 reviews
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Perla
Paradisus Playa del Carmen La Pe...
#19 of 213 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,009 reviews

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!