“World class”

Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Playa Maroma
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here for our honeymoon and it was exceptional. Every detail was considered. We felt extremely welcome and appreciated. The food, drinks, room, pool area, beach and staff were the best we have experienced. The entertainment staff were particularly friendly and caring. If we could have stayed forever, we would.

• Stayed: July 2013
RafaelCordova, Manager at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear guest,

Congratulations for your honeymoon! We know how important this ocation is and we are very glad to know you experienced an exceptional time.

Please consider us for your First Anniversary, we are looking forward to have you back in this your second home. Your home in paradise!

info.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (12,933)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Lets get this out of the way first... MOSQUITO'S are brutal out there!!! I vaguely remembered reading someone's review talking about Mosquitos, but at the last minute I decided to travel with a 40 hr burning OFF Candle. While we still got bitten here or there we didn't look like some other people we saw. My only regret was not flying with at least two other candles.

That being said, this was place was beautiful and the service was excellent. we had a Jr Swim-out room. It was well worth it and beautiful. It was not very private but we didn't mind at all, once you entered the pool your neighbors above and on either side of you could see you. we stayed in building 25 room 2512 and loved it.

The food was amazing!!! we ate room service three different times because it was so good! I loved the chicken caesar salad. They work really hard to get your orders right and are more than willing to work on pleasing you even if it means offering discounts to there service you pay for. I suggest the chicken wraps by the pool AWESOME!!!

The Cabana's to rent ($40) by ocean are Awesome but if by chance they are booked up you can get a cabana near the pool for free (first come first serve).. the Cabana's by the ocean offer a more quiet atmosphere and a more personal server (Osbaldo did an awesome Job serving my wife and I. However, there are always people asking what do you need and if your okay.

Fernando (Sash-quash) on the entertainment team was great fun and competitive. For free you can do a bike tour, Kayak tour, and many other exciting things... each day you get a letter explaining the days events and times.

Oh yes Do the Spa!!! its worth it!!! thanks Maribeth and Laura :)

I could write so much because it was so good!!!

Optional, down falls (I hate too but it might be important to you) this is not a party resort, its laid back. Going in july, the weather is not the greatest due to rain. Always specify if your vegetarian or a picky eater or you will be surprised lol.

Room Tip: get in your swim-out pool if you get one.
2  Thank Adventure3579

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing us among many other options.

I appreciate you took the time to share your experience with other travelers, I am very sure it will be very usefull.

Regarding the mosquitoes, we are taking care. Thank you very much for mentioning Fernando and Osvaldo they are very valued employees.

Please consider Secrets Maroma Beach as your second home, we hope you would come back for your next vacation.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Staff friendly hotel, clean good food, entertainment staff good, beach lovely, bit disappointed with not much to see snorkelling wise. But overall a great stay. Would we go back probably not. Its a case of been there, done that, move on.
Two bits of advice take a really good mosquito repellent and use it on the beach too, as if the mosquitos don't get you the sand flies will! Also when visiting the resturants ask to eat inside less chance of getting bitten.
The hotel was clean, rooms comfortable and just to reiterate the staff were amazing making sure we were looked after really well and they were all very polite and nothing was too much trouble.
Our favourite resturants were the french and the world cafe in the evenings, even made me something which wasn't on the menu, and in the Italian done the same for my husband.
ithink with all opinions and reviews you have to make up your own mind as we are all different.
But we have experienced better.
We had a good day trip out with Mayan adventures, good fun and a great experience.

Room Tip: good insect repellent needed.

Dear guest,

On behalf of the staff of Secrets Maroma Beach I would like to thank you for your preference and support.

I am glad that you enjoyed Bordeaux, Portofino and World Cafe and also because our staff made sure you had an unforgetable experience.

Please consider us for your next vacation. We look forward to host you again in this your second home.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

It worries me to read poor reviews about this resort. I'm not sure what could please people that would have anything negative to say about this resort/experience. For example, the dirt road entrance- we literally were on it for 30 seconds and surprise- you're in Mexico! The timeshare speal- just say "no thanks" and frankly we got a very romantic, yummy lobster dinner on the beach for listening to it! Your room not being ready- they give you a buzzer. I've always traveled with a bathing suit and change of clothes in my carry on and we knew check in wasn't until 3pm. I was on a lounge chair with a pina coloda in my hand not even 30 minutes after arriving! Upsale of wine- In my research of the resort, I read all of that. The house wines were very good! My advice to people is to maybe plan a little better and not give future guests poor advice because this resort is every bit of 5 stars!

The grounds of this resort were absolutely beautiful! The water and the sand were amazing! The entertainment staff must run off batteries because they don't stop! The water was filtered, food was great, never waited for a table, never had trouble finding a lounge chair, the room was beautiful & stocked with everything you'd need, the spa was great (although 80 minute massage was only 65 minutes), the other guests were really fun...we will definately be back! We had an absolute blast!!!! I recommend getting pictures taken by Adventure Photos who have their office in the main building. They turned out so great!!! (Only 25 minute ride from CUN airport)

Room Tip: Loved Building 25- Great view of pool and ocean and close proximity to main building!
11  Thank C R

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for share your experience at Secrets Maroma Beach with others, I am very sure it will help many travelers.

We know that you can chose any 5 star similar resort, but the main difference is the passion we put in every single thing we do.

Our staff is very commited to provide a hi quality service, the service you deserve.

Looking forward to have you back in paradise.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I cant stop telling our friends and family what an awesome time we had at this magnificent property. Not only the luxury, but the staff is the best I have ever encounter in my traveling years! I really felt like a queen from the moment I stepped in the front door. The food is wonderful, great variety; their beverages are premium brands! The room and its amenities are beautiful! The beach is the best I have ever been. All is immaculate, super clean surroundings, landscape, Kudos to the outstanding staff!: Jacobo, Yanin, Jesus, Rafael, Teresita, Alberto, Ana, Ivan. They were unique!

We are already planning another trip in four months; this time we are bringing our friends and family!

Room Tip: When you get a first floor room, like we did, you will have access to the pool from your balcony. It...
1  Thank DMBFlorida

Dear guest,

I am very pleased that our staff has made a difference in your stay with us.

The fact that you had felt as a queen is part of our goal.

Thank you very much for mentioning Jacobo, Yanin, Jesus, Rafael, Teresita, Alberto, Ana, Ivan. As you said they are unique!

Please consider SMB your second home.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Of the all-inclusives I've visited, this one is the best. The staff was very friendly (nobody walked past you without saying hello) and helpful. The rooms and the grounds were immaculate. The beach area was never crowded, nor was the pool. It was not one of those situations where you had to get out to claim your territory really early if you wanted a spot...that's a pet peeve of mine.

The dining options were plentiful and delicious. We ate at Portofino, Himitsu, Seaside Grill. The egg rolls at Himitsu were to die for. At Seaside Grill, the waiter did not have a lot of tables to serve, so he used his extra time to chat with us and make us a special flambé dessert, which we didn't even request, but it was really neat. Lunch options are good as well, but not as tasty as dinner.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alison L

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having chose secrets Maroma Beach to spend your vacation.

I am very glad that you experience a good time with us. Is always our goal to create unforgetable memories and a relaxation environment for you.

We are ready to prepare a delisious flambé dessert for you again, and show you many other secrets, part of our hi quality service.

We hope to have the oportunity to serve you in the near future.

ionfo.semrc@secretsresorts.com

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I went to Secrets Maroma for our honeymoon. It was absolutely wonderful! The beach was wonderful- no rocks and soft cool sand. The staff was super friendly, always right on time to serve you a drink or food while lounging on the beach. The food was amazing!! For an all inclusive, it went above and beyond. Some places think all inclusive means, they already paid for the food doesn't matter if its crappy, not Secrets Maroma!! We basically had steak, lamb or lobster every night- that was better than most restaurants in the US! Food service was awesome when it came to breakfast but would not recommend the wings. We couldn't have asked for a better honeymoon- we would definitely recommend this resort!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
RafaelCordova, Gerente at Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time that you took to write your review. We are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful Honeymoon.

Our beautiful beach is considerated one of the best around the world that along with the rest of our other many services complete an excellent experience to all our guests.

We have the most motivated staff that enjoy to provide the best service in the Riviera Maya.

As you mentioned, we are not a regular All Inclusive, we provide Unlimited Luxury to all our guests including the Unlimited conectivity so all our guest can call USA and Canada free of charge.

We hope to see you again and celebrate with you your first anniversary!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa Maroma
#12 of 217 in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#4 of 217 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!