“A Hidden Gem!!”

Pemaquid Beach Park
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Bristol
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family and I were up in Maine, visiting my husband's family last week. This was my second year going up there. Last year, we went to the very large and crowded Popham Beach and loved it, so this time, we went to Pemaquid Beach with his mom and sister. I am so glad they took us! It's a true hidden gem!

Since it's a state park, there was a fee to get in. It was $4 (children 11 and under are free). Active duty military are also free, as we found out, since they didn't charge my husband to get it. There are bathroom facilities and shower stations, but a word of advice...there are no snack bars or anywhere you can buy food (you'll have to go into town). I would pack an ice chest because that's what we did and it was perfect! The beach is quaint and it wasn't too crowded. The waves were small and calm, perfect for small children. While we were there, a small seal swam right up to my son. It was the cutest thing! Everyone quickly followed that little critter to the end of the beach area and then it disappeared. There are plenty of shells to hunt for, too! We spent the entire day there and had a blast!

I grew up in Hawaii and it's hard for a beach to impress me, but Pemaquid Beach reminded me of the quiet and often overlooked Sunset Beach on Oahu. This is really one of the nicest beaches in Maine.

3  Thank MichelleGrenier