“Absolutely Delicious!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Visited this restaurant after having been to the hospital for a hiking injury. Didn't quite know what to expect, but it looked like the best option around. We were pleasantly surprised at how delicious the food was and the service was exceptional! Prices seem a little on the high side, but once you get your meal, you realize it was worth it.

Although it's called a Tavern, we ate in the restaurant portion, which was amply distanced from the actual tavern. I got the Chicken & Veggie Quesadilla, (which I typically wouldn't get, as I'm not that much into mexican food) and my husband got the Shepherd’s Pie Crepe, as he had injured one hand and needed to eat something that didn't involve a knife. Both were wonderful!

I would definately recommend this place to someone visiting. I can tell you it won't be our last time here.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We have eaten here many times in the last few years. We are seasonal people and always make sure the Black Horse is the first place we visit. We always sit at the bar and have lunch. The luncheon specials are great. The margaritas are wonderful and you could make a meal out of the Bloody Mary. The best bartender is Pam. She always makes you feel welcome and is another reason to return time and time again

Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have never been disappointed by the meal at the Black Horse. We usually have lunch here. The Boursin Chicken sandwich with cranberry chutney is delicious as are burgers, fish and chips. The cole slaw is different and yummy. This is one of the best restaurants in the Bridgton area!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

long time restaurant, menu doesn't change much. Food is good, service is good - you always know what your getting. No surprises -if you'd like a consistent friend - here's your winner.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

My husband and I frequent the Black Tavern occasionally, when we're in the area. I always order their big salad with cranberry and walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. It's generously portioned and always fresh. The menu has an option of adding grilled chicken, but they've always been cheerfully willing to substitute a nice piece of grilled salmon for me instead. My husband usually orders their nachos, which are also generously portioned. Last time we went, though, I ordered the baked stuffed haddock. I would never order it again. It was small, dried out and way over priced. I've had better in a family diner! Still, I recommend the restaurant overall. I love the ambiance of the place.

Been to Black Horse Tavern? Share your experiences!