“Stay away from their 'signature meal' - baked stuffed haddock”
Review of Black Horse Tavern

Black Horse Tavern
Ranked #3 of 28 Restaurants in Bridgton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Anytime you have to send back your dinner because it's still cold inside sends up a red flag. It's worse with fish. Must have been pre-prepared a week earlier and popped in the microwave. Came back as dry as a bone. They charged for bread and butter before the meal came out. Huh? Charge for bread? And butter? Our advice: Stay away from this place. Once is enough.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

My fiance and I were visiting some family in Bridgton Maine and wanted to go out and have some good quality steak. A local had suggested we go to Black Horse tavern. We only ordered take out but i was impressed as soon as i was in the door. I have been a waitress for years and have never seen a restaurant filled with so many friendly employees. It was fairly busy yet still a Host and two Bartenders were very eager to help us in anyway. I did not see one waitress walk by looking irritated or even tired. All smiles from everyone. You just dont see that anymore. The friendliness was just so genuine. The Food was great I had the Teriyaki Steak Tips and my fiance had the 10oz Black Angus Sirloin. The menu had a wide variety of foods and plenty to choose from. I would go back again in a heartbeat, i actually cant wait :) Thank you to the Bartenders Terry and the gentleman who was working with her for the great experience !

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Outstanding meal. Went for the Sunday brunch and ordered the vegetable frittata. Truly one of the best meals I have had in recent memory. Great service, atmosphere. Also tasted the creme brule french toast - out of this world! Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

The best service I have had in a long time. Atmosphere is fun to look at and overall seemed clean. THe food was mediocre at best: the 23 dollar$ stuffed haddock was over cooked and stuffing was just dry bread crumbs- very disappointed and probably should have returned to kitchen. French onion on the bottom of the list as well and I get that ever restaurant I visit. Husband and kids ate there meals and no rave reviews there either- pasta and mexican entrees. So, would go back for service but defiantly not interested in spending my money on that food. No much else in Bridgton though choices are limited. Food below avarage.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

My family and I had dinner here a few years ago and all I remember is fantastic food, friendly staff, and great service. The atmosphere is nice too.

Been to Black Horse Tavern? Share your experiences!