“Best Italian north of Boston”
Review of Venezia Ristorante

Venezia Ristorante
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Bridgton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bridgton, Maine
“Best Italian north of Boston”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Never had a bad meal in this restaurant and I have been coming here for over 20 years. They are very consistent from meal to meal, year to year. If you want authentic Italian, this is a place to come.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bob Z

Auburn, Maine
“Ok, but surely not great”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well I took my wife here for her birthday and it was not what she was hoping for. While there were hi-lights in the meal, there were some low notes as well.

She had Seafood Ravioli which she said was very good. I had Chicken Parmesan which was? Ok so on a 1 to 10 scale it was a 4.

I wanted a plate of tomatoes but the waitress talked me into the house salad, which while my wife enjoy it, I didn't. YES I liked the fresh Mozzarella Cheese and Prosciutto Ham and the few tomatoes. The Lettuce turned out to be a large bowl of "Greens" which I don't like (sucks being me, as my wife say's).

The fresh warm bread was nice as was my dessert. The staff was pleasant and informative.

The price was the other big hit. For $100.00 (yes with a $20.00 tip), I would have like to have left saying it was the best damn Chicken Parm I had ever had, and my wife said she would have loved to been able to say the same for her dish.

I have been to several Italian Restaurants that I like MUCH more (Marco's in Lewiston, Maine for ME, is much better)

If you are in the area, and don't want to drive 30 minutes or so to find another Italian Restaurant, then stop here, but if a short drive isn't a big deal to you, then I would hit the road.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank slalemand
Hollis, New Hampshire
“just as good as in Italy”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When we entered, my disabled husband fell in the entrance. There is a sign that clearly says STEP UP, but a disabled person also needs a railing to hold on to. The staff was caring and helpful and a wonderful meal was prepared for take-out, including a bottle of Chianti. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Tabachnikoff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Ugh...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

If you want to wait 50 mins for over priced cheap reheated Italian food, then this is your place! It is so dirty inside and looks like a Christmas tree shop decorated the entire place. So gross. Find another place

Visited May 2013
8 Thank watrskiergurl
Canton,ma
“good food”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

we usually have dinner here at least once every visit. My wife and sisters birthdays both fall in July so I treat them to a nice Italian meal. The owners wife is very nice. they never seemed to rush us although I know its important to turn over tables.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Ed L

Been to Venezia Ristorante? Share your experiences!