“Tom's is a great upscale eatery in the heart of Bridgton, ME.”

Tom's Homestead 1821 Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 28 Restaurants in Bridgton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Quincy, MA
“Tom's is a great upscale eatery in the heart of Bridgton, ME.”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

After a long day of travel and hiking, my wife and I were ready to chow down. Being from Boston and exposed to many wonderful restaurants always makes us wary when dining up North. Naturally we had our doubts when Tom's Homestead was recommended as the upscale eatery in Bridgton. We made a reservation for the latest time available(7:30) and arrived a few minutes early. we were seated in the corner of the second dining room which we found quiet and quaint.

We each ordered a glass of house wine as we contemplated the menu. I must say we were impressed by such offerings as Coquille St. Jacques and the Roasted Frog Legs. There were also several vegetarian options as well. Baked stuffed and far diavolo highlighted available lobster dishes.

We ordered an appetizer of the crab stuffed mushrooms which we found very tasty. You could tell the cook, Tom, put in the extra effort to sauté the mushrooms in butter and wine before stuffing them. Yum!

We ordered the two aforementioned dishes which came with house salads with what we thought were home-made salad dressings. Also very tasty. Our dishes were delicious and blew away our expectations. The Coquille had the best sauce I've ever tasted and I couldn't help dipping my broccoli in it. My wife's From legs were cooked in wine and garlic with stewed tomatoes which she gobbled up.

Two more glasses of wine and we were unable to fit in dessert (which all sounded terrific). The bill was extremely reasonable for the food and drinks we had just consumed, considering the quality.

My tips and advice: make a reservation and keep in mind the early closing hours. The service was not "slow," but "paced.". Expect dinner to take a good two hours.

3 Thank celo626

Winchester, ma
“The perfect place”
Reviewed July 10, 2010

What more can you ask? An attractive dining room looks out into a beautiful garden, the food is delicious and carefully prepared with seasonal changes, ...We've had lunch there many times, must try it for dinner, too We will be so sad if and when Tom retires! It's a jewel.

5 Thank paphosgirl