“Date night getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Date night getaway”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

What a beautiful, clean hotel and room!! My husband and I were able to get away for a night and decided to give Vacationland a try because we had a Half off Fun voucher. Pleasantly surprised! A warm and welcoming lobby with friendly and knowledgeable people at the front desk. Matthew, who I had made the reservation with, was very helpful in pointing out where our room was, where breakfast was served, etc. Our room was very clean, thank you Spring, you could tell that she took pride in how the room looked. They serve a continental breakfast that includes cereal, breads and waffles. Unfortunately, I have to be gluten free, so we ate at the restaurant next door and received 10% off because we were guests of the hotel. A wonderful place for an excellent value, will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your kind comments about Vacationland Inn and its staff. We will be sure to share with both Matthew and Spring your appreciation for their customer service. We look forward to seeing you again and again. For dietary restricted guests (diabetics, glueten free etc) we offer alternatives by boiling some eggs for you. This might be an option on a return stay, simply request it from our breakfast attendant. We are pleased you enjoyed Coach House next door.
Safe traveling.
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Machias, Maine
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I decided to spend the night at this Inn about 2 weeks before Valentine's Day. I called up and reserved a room with 'Cheryl' who was excellent in taking my order as well as getting several special valentine's day gifts for my wonderful wife of seven years from ordering for us flowers, a place to eat, personal massages, flower pedals sprinkled over our room and etc! I understand this might of been expected to be done Valentine's Day Week, But I did this Waaaaay before that like a week or two before and they handled my consistent calls of getting me this and getting me that as well as reserving/unreserving/ then re-reserving different idea's that I wished to do for my wife. I had a great time in the Victorian Suite. Thank you so so much! ^\_/^

Room Tip: Victorian room comes with hot tub/whirl pool tub!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your kind comments! We will be sure to let Cheryl know how much you appreciated her assistance. We hope that you will plan a return stay in the near future. We are here to serve. Thank you again for lodging at Vacationland Inn and taking advantage of the many amenities we offer our guests. See you on a future stay.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed at your motel a few days earlier in the week. Took in President's Day shopping sales and found the motel to be convenient place to stay and handy most places we were looking for. Staff very courteous; enjoyed having access to coffee and toast early morning; was able to access net, room was comfortable, had to turn up heat when we arrived, but warm in a relatively short period of time. Stayed at Vacationland 3 times in the past 6 months and have no reason to change.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for your kind comments! We appreciate your return stays. Be sure to check with our Front Desk staff if there are any coupons for local shopping available. They will let you know what is going on locally. We are excited to have you as an ongoing guests. See you on your next shopping trip. Safe Traveling!

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 27, 2014

It was bitterly cold during our stay, but we stayed warm. The room took awhile to get up to temp, but the heat did it's job. On a previous stay, management brought us a portable heater to speed up the process and it worked well.
For an older property, our rooms have been in good repair, clean and quiet.
A very handy location with everything nearby!
Good continental breakfast, coffee brewed by 5AM.
Non smoking rooms don't smell of smoke!
Pet friendly rooms available, we'll bring ours next time!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lionne1957
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest(s):

We agree...this year has been very cold, especially the whole month of January when you stayed with us. We thank you for your kind comments and hope to see you again on a future stay. If you make a reservation, we will be sure that your thermostat is turned up in the room prior to your arrival. When you do a walk in reservation, it does take about 15 minutes to get the room up to temperature during such below zero winter temperatures. Thank you again for you review and we will share with our entire staff. Keep warm and safe traveling.

Old Town, Maine
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My family and I stayed on Christmas eve due to no power/heat at our home. It recently came to my attention that we have bed bugs in our home. This was the ONLY place we have been other than home! Before you bring any of your things into the room, do a sweep of the room for any sign of bed bugs! We had spent our last $90 to stay in a warm place for the night and now had to dish out over $80 in bed bug killers, bed covers ect! I have stayed here a few times before this and I am completely appalled by my most recent stay!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa T
Vacationland_Manager, Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest(s):

This is the first that management of the Inn has heard of this situation. We have checked the room that you stayed in (30 days ago) and have found no issues. Other guests have stayed in that room the past 30 days and we have had no issues. We are tearing the room apart today, and making sure there is nothing there to put everyone at ease as well as the inn and our future guests. We have an aggressive plan and work with a very reputable company that assists us in managing and control issues of pests. Feel free to contact me directly.

Derry, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Have stayed here several times and like it very much. We have stayed in the suites as well, good value. Over the last year we have stayed there 3-5 times. A relative was in the hospital, it was close and affordable.

The WiFi has not been reliable on the outer buildings. On a recent visit, there was practically no WiFi. I am pretty knowledgeable on computers, tried all the tricks to get it working, to no avail. I was told "well, some computers have trouble getting on" and "no one else has complained" (a second complaint did come in while onsite). Using my smartphone as my "hotspot" was my only option, which worked splendid. ( morning UPDATE - upon management investigation, a router truly WAS down).

The offer was made to use the breakfast room for connectivity, but my wife had a myriad of books to complete homework assignments and dragging books around was not attractive.

Evening staff was apologetic and understood our plight and did what he could, Thank you Matt. Morning staff was morning staff, not pleased with the demeanor two days in a row.

It is a Great Place, we do like it there, but between school and work, reliable internet access is a necessity for us when on the road.

No hint of compensation for the lack of internet was offered, this would have been appreciated.

Room Tip: The Suites are great value with the in room Jacuzzi tubs. Different themes in each room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Vacationland_Manager, General Manager at Vacationland Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest(s):

It was a pleasure to meet both you and your wife this past weekend. We value and appreciate your business. I remember you stayed with us when our WiFi was down this past summer. This was a very frustrating issue for us and our guest. However it was out of our control. We replaced every router, every wi-fi connections etc. We finally discovered that it was our Cable / Internet / Phone provider that needed to run all new cable from the utility poles to our facility. They were getting wet and were frayed and touching a power line as well. This caused all our issues. Several alternatives were offered to you and your wife to use the breakfast area and/or move you to the main building to help you so your wife could study on her computers. She said she was using e-books and needed computer access. We did discover on Monday morning that one of the WiFi Routers had disconnected from its power source causing this issue. We apologize. We simply put the power source back into the router. This was not noticed when resetting our system. On a return stay, feel free to contact me, the manager, directly to discuss this inconvenience. We apologize for this and know in the future you are welcome to use any other part of our facility that is available. Feel free to contact me directly for any other questions. We want you to have an ultimate stay and know that we do have Wi-Fi. Thank you for your lodging with us and we hope to continue to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in the Victorian suite and we absolutely loved it! The staff were awesome and so helpful and not to mention the jacuzzi tub was amazing! I would definitely recommend vacationland Inn for a couples night in one of there suites. I've stayed in the lodge which is another amazing room available. The fire place really sets the mood on a cold winter night :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest(s):

Thank you for choosing Vacationland Inn's Themed Hot Tub Suite. You have reserved the Lodge and The Victorian Suites....on a return visit may we suggest the Camden Summer or Seaside Suite for a feel of being on the Maine Coast in the wintertime. The Hot Tubs are extra-large and fit two adults comfortably The warm air circulating into the tubs amazingly massages your entire body relaxing you completely. A Date Night you both truly deserved. We are pleased you stayed with us and hope to see you again soon. Ask about our special ad ons such as Chocolate Covered Strawberries or Honeycomb, Dozen Red Roses, Sparking Cider and planning your dinner and making reservations for you both at Schooner's Restaurant. One Call and we will take care of all your date night details. Happy New Year!

Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Best Western White House Inn
Residence Inn by Marriott Bangor
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Bangor
Quality Inn Bangor Airport
Ramada Bangor
Ramada Bangor
#12 of 26 in Bangor
Holiday Inn Bangor-Odlin Road

Been to Vacationland Inn? Share your experiences!