“A bridge between a greasy spoon, and good home cooking”

The Coach House Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Brewer
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was impressed with the selection, and the food. I did feel misled when I saw the menu that offered breakfast/lunch/supper everyday and with jam on the table only to find out that breakfast is no longer served at 11. That being said there was a breakfast sandwich on the menu, for us folks who like to eat breakfast all the time.
The food was good and well prepared. My sandwich was good, nothing writing home about but still yummy. The icing on the cake for my time spent there was the “French Canadian Fries” or poutin. A hard concoction is hard to find this far south of the Canadian border, but always worth getting when you can find it. Any meal that I can start with poutin, is a good meal.
My mother had a clam basket, and she left stuffed and happy. She didn’t complain, and that says a lot! My Wife to be had fish and chips, and she ate most of it. She enjoyed it and said that she would order it again. We never got to the deserts, as we were full but they looked homemade and wonderful.

I would say that the staff was VERY friendly. The staff was willing to chat, and was not focused rush rush rush. All in all, I would go again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

The Coach House offers a broad , delicious selection of Maine seafood, home style dinners, and bottomless cups of coffee - all at reasonable prices. It's the first place I go to eat when I set foot in Maine.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Located right next door to the Vacationland Motel & since we stayed there, this restaurant was very convenient. It was very busy when we arrived but the staff got us into a table quite quickly. Our waitress was excellent, food was delivered quickly and the quality of that food was great.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Friendly staff who were quick to comply with any request we may have had before we uttered a single word. Clean establishment, full menu with lots of choices. Comfortable with a pleasant county decor. Second time we have ate here on our way through on travels.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I try to be even-handed, let's begin with the good part: the poor waitress tried what she could to accomodate us & I acknowledge it's not easy to please a Customer who has been served an horrible meal - my friend's dish was abysmal: liver was carbonized out of shape, onions greasy & even the mashed potatoes were burned! My dish was marginally less worse: bland bread, bland cheese making a tasteless gooey cheese sandwich. The fries smelled greasy and they were. As well as salty - really salty as in much too salty.