“Very Nice Experience”
Review of Colony Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Brewer
Colony Motel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Brewer
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband and I and our dog "Dixie" recently stayed at this motel for 3 nights on a trip to the Bangor/Brewer area. The hospitality was second to none. The service was great. The room was comfortable and Lynn went above and beyond to please us. Would not hesitate to recommend this motel and we will definitely be staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ronniemac7

Reviewed April 1, 2011

I've stayed here twice. It's the kind of place you plan trips around. The hospitality is unexpected, the rooms are lovely and completely charming, and your hosts are perfect.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Lillian2611
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed in a suite with a very comfortable queen bed, sitting area, TV with cable, full kitchen, and ample bath. Our three nights were worry-free. Thoughtful little touches by the friendly owner, Lynn, were very much appreciated. The price was a steal at $88/night plus tax.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HungryDriver
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I traveled to Maine this month and wanted a place to stay with 2 friends close to another friend who is ill with cancer. We arrived to complete comfort and hospitality with a beautifully decorated room with 3 double beds. Lynn was very welcoming and attended to our every need with a smile and graciousness of a good friend. I highly recommend this motel to anyone staying in the Bangor area. Close to everything we needed. Gwen, Linda and Ann

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank gwenrnret
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I was a little dubious to stay here at first, to be honest, because I couldn't find any info about the Colony in any travel directories (there is a pretty good reason for this... the current owners took over from their family when they retired. Most of their business seems to be repeat, same guests for decades keep coming back, and they're often full). However, my concerns were soon put to rest when I drove in the parking lot and saw how well cared for the property was. The grounds are beautiful. There is a huge old elm tree next to the office and just opposite our room ("Garden Thyme"), and our host Lynn was out gardening until well after dark. There is always on-site someone available to help; my mom had some troubles with her refrigerated medication (ice-pack broke) and Lynn was very helpful.

Room was spotless; simply decorated, as other reviewers commented, the building is an older-style motel, but has been renovated. Every room has a m/w, mini-fridge and A/C.
Light sleepers might want to request a room to the back of the lot away from the road as Rte 9 is a major truck route at all-hours to Canada... didn't bother us, however, the A/C blocked out most of the road noise.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank youpi93
Reviewed August 21, 2010

On the recommendation of a sister-in-law, I made the reservation on the morning of our intended stay. We had no difficulty finding the motel although our Garmin took us through some dark roads and when we got closer to the motel we crossed the road going to I-95, so I suspect we were directed via the "Garmin route". (Gotta get an iPhone!) That aside, the checkin was smooth and we received necessary help to use the wireless internet (which was free). It seemed as if the router and modem needed to be rebooted (no difficulty next morning). The rate we paid for a three bedded (all doubles) was $99 plus tax. I chose the motel because of the recommendation, and also for a break from Holiday Inns, etc (I am a Priority Club Member and a Starwood member) and the room rates for my member hotels were more expensive. Very Quiet, even though on Route 9. Rapid delivery from Papa Johns pizza.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed August 7, 2010

Friendly owner, comfortable and very clean room; nice grounds by a stream; good value. Room was personalized with local artist's embroidered pictures.. Lynn recommended the nearby Eagles Nest restaurant, which was great for dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewer
Vacationland Inn
Brewer and Village Green Motor Inn
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#18 of 26 in Bangor

Been to Colony Motel? Share your experiences!