“Finally stopped in and glad we did!”

Eagles Nest Resturant
Ranked #1 of 43 Restaurants in Brewer
Cuisines: American
New Nampshire
“Finally stopped in and glad we did!”
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We go by this place every time we drive from Boston to Cape Breton. Always has cars in front of it, so coming home in June, we finally stopped. We didn't have lobster, as we were lobstered out from our trip so I had O rings and a clam roll and my husband had the fish sandwich. Excellent and so happy we stopped. Sweet fried clams on a buttered, toasted roll, big side of fries and the 'small' order of O rings was more than we could finish. Sure wish I had room for strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie!! This place will now be a regular stop on our way to and from Cape Breton. A real gem in the world of franchise restaurants.

1 Thank NAH603

Noblesville, Indiana
“Eagle's Nest is worth the wait!”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We went to Eagle's Nest because it was recommended to us by a local. It was easy to find, just go northeast on Main Street from downtown Brewer.

We went on a Friday night. It was busy, but we only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. The service and food are a little slow, but they make sure to warn you that there is only one waitress and one cook working at a time on signs all over the restaurant. And, as they say on the sign, the food is worth the wait!

I ordered the all you can eat fish, which came with fries and coleslaw. It had five big pieces of fish that was too much for me to eat in one sitting. My husband ordered the lobster roll, which had lobster piled on it. It was definitely worth the money!!!

We had heard that the strawberry shortcake was really good so we ordered it to go so we could eat it later when we weren't completely full. They packed up all of the parts separately so it wouldn't get soggy and when we ate it a few hours later it was perfect! The shortcake was just as good as my grandma's, which is high praise!

1 Thank melovecows
bangor
“lobsta rool & onion rings”
Reviewed June 29, 2010

They are the best that I've had and the" lobsta" weighing in @ 6.4 oz's as I weighed it when I got home was the best I've had in New England. I'm a native here and I had relatives from Tx eat there and they were delighted @ the size and the taste, also the onion rings are the best. Their menu is small but their food is delicious. It's a place where the natives eat and we always keep coming back

NB Canada
“A ppearances ARE deceiving.”
Reviewed June 16, 2010

I drive by this hole in the wall greasy spoon restaurant each time I travel from my home in New Brunswick Canada to Boston. There are always cars in the small roadside parking lot.

So a friend thinks we should eat there, he heard the lobster meals were good. The other reviewers are right. The lobster roll is as good as anywhere, whether it be Maine, Massachussets or New Brunswick. Just the right amount of dressing, and about two lobsters worth of lobster on a small toasted bun. You can barely see the bun, there is so much lobster.
The lobster stew is to die for. Flavorful without being overbearing, with large chunks of mostly lobster claws. A meal in itself. Perfect.
Finally, the fish and chips is simple and unpretentious, just like the restaurant itself. Pies are also good, and the strawberry shortcake is worth taking home for later.

They should have a cleaning party one night, the window sills and floors realy need some TLC, but what can you expect from a cozy neighborhood Maine restaurant.

I look forward to my next drive-by, when I'll once again be unable to resist stopping here. Terrific food!

1 Thank ATidalBore
Fahrquar
“Eagle's Nest - Brewer”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I put this in Bangor, because Bangor and Brewer are contiguous, more or less. I feel very strongly that small family run restaurants are a vanishing breed, and this one is a treat. Very much not fancy, with a total of 8 tables and six counter stools, right on the side of the river. This is a local spot, and no pretension to be anything else will be found, but that is OK. The lobster roll is outstanding, with big chunks of lobster (mostly claw) and not a lot of mayonnaise. Even though I did not try one of the fish plates (fried), it looked big and well done. The cole slaw has a bit more garlic than one might expect, OK with me but not everyone. The strawberry shortcake is reputed to be great, but berries were not in season and I will wait a bit for that.

Prices are reasonable $8-17, and portions are good. service is friendly, but it is not a fine dining experience.

I enjoyed it, and would certainly go back, maybe for the fish.

Reservations? Not that kind of place.

1016 N. Main Street, Brewer Maine 207-989-7635. Your GPS will put you right at the door.

1 Thank Fahrquar