“Great onion rings”

Eagles Nest Resturant
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Brewer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Rainy day, parking lot filled with cars, very few tables. But, Wow the lobster roll was huge and excellent and the onion rings were so tender and crispy on the outside. This is a tiny place but very busy and great food. All you can eat haddock fish fry on Thursdays and Fridays for less than $12. Huge portions. The lobster roll was claw meat and very lightly coated with mayo. You can get it with mayo, butter or both. Good fries too.

1  Thank Samuel N

Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

My friend & I went for lunch the other day and let me tell you it was delicious. All the lobster meat was claws. It was overflowing in our rolls. I have never had so much lobster like I have at that diner. I was told they make an amazing lobster omelet at breakfast also. The place was very busy and they only had 1 person waiting tables. Will be going back :)

1  Thank Nicole E
Reviewed April 28, 2014

All the local I spoke with said this place was great. It didn't look like much from the outside. The parking lot was very small, right along the main road, and the place looks like a dive. When you get inside it looks worse. It is hard to get a good impression of a place that is so run down and dirty. When they served our food all I could think of is what can't been seen inside the kitchen.
The tables were out of 1950 and very worn out. I looked around for a better seat, but they all looked the same. If you can eat in this kind of atmosphere and the food still tastes good to you, than by all means go for it.

1  Thank Raymond R
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The Eagle's Nest is a tiny little hole in the wall sort of place that literally hangs over the Penobscot River just a few miles outside of Brewer on Rt. 9 (North Main St or "The Airline" to us locals). The lobster roll is absolutely massive - clear meat lobster with very little dressing to ruin the flavor of Maine's favorite seafood. The fried clams are too good to describe, and the deserts are just awesome (all homemade and all fantastic!) The peanut butter pie is a must try for any sweet tooth! Don't let the decor fool ya', this place is the best of the best if you're looking for delicious food, huge portions, and incredible prices!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We ate at this restaurant this afternoon. It's dirty! The waitresses were talking about their exercise routine the whole time we were sitting there. My husband had the stuffed chicken breasts-store bought. I had a fish burger and the fish was good but massive for a hamburger bun and I had trouble eating it. We will never visit again. We were so disappointed because the trip advisor had rated it so high but it actually turned my stomach! Where we come from the health authority would shut it down.