“Very nice little spot”

Eagles Nest Resturant
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in Brewer
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stopped in here for lunch on a visit to Bangor. We each had a sandwich which came with potato chips and a pickle. The sandwiches were good, the chicken salad was overflowing from the bread! We watched the other meals come out of the kitchen and the lobster rolls were huge!! The day we were there, the price for the lobster roll was $14.95. A fish and chips meal was 4 large pieces of fish, along with the french fries. If you leave here hungry, it's your own fault! You can't beat the value. I noticed a breakfast meal for under $5.00 too. The view of the river is lovely, the interior of the restaurant is in need of a little TLC though.

2  Thank K.C.NovaScotia

Reviewed September 7, 2010

This place is a great find for value and taste. Every time i get to Brewer I make it a point to eat here. The Lobster Roll is second to no one. I cannot remember what they called the breakfast dish but the cooked my eggs over easy inside blueberry pancakes. The atmosphere is a little outback but the view over the river is very pleasant.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

We go by this place every time we drive from Boston to Cape Breton. Always has cars in front of it, so coming home in June, we finally stopped. We didn't have lobster, as we were lobstered out from our trip so I had O rings and a clam roll and my husband had the fish sandwich. Excellent and so happy we stopped. Sweet fried clams on a buttered, toasted roll, big side of fries and the 'small' order of O rings was more than we could finish. Sure wish I had room for strawberry shortcake or blueberry pie!! This place will now be a regular stop on our way to and from Cape Breton. A real gem in the world of franchise restaurants.

1  Thank NAH603
Reviewed July 9, 2010

We went to Eagle's Nest because it was recommended to us by a local. It was easy to find, just go northeast on Main Street from downtown Brewer.

We went on a Friday night. It was busy, but we only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated. The service and food are a little slow, but they make sure to warn you that there is only one waitress and one cook working at a time on signs all over the restaurant. And, as they say on the sign, the food is worth the wait!

I ordered the all you can eat fish, which came with fries and coleslaw. It had five big pieces of fish that was too much for me to eat in one sitting. My husband ordered the lobster roll, which had lobster piled on it. It was definitely worth the money!!!

We had heard that the strawberry shortcake was really good so we ordered it to go so we could eat it later when we weren't completely full. They packed up all of the parts separately so it wouldn't get soggy and when we ate it a few hours later it was perfect! The shortcake was just as good as my grandma's, which is high praise!

1  Thank melovecows
Reviewed June 29, 2010

They are the best that I've had and the" lobsta" weighing in @ 6.4 oz's as I weighed it when I got home was the best I've had in New England. I'm a native here and I had relatives from Tx eat there and they were delighted @ the size and the taste, also the onion rings are the best. Their menu is small but their food is delicious. It's a place where the natives eat and we always keep coming back