“Love it here, best breakfast spot!”

Mama D's Cafe Mercantile
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We grabbed a perfect little table on the front porch with matching rocking chairs. Loaded Belgian waffles were delicious, snickerdoodle coffee yum. Staff was super nice and the experience was great. Highly recommend a visit!!

3  Thank yankeedoodleCT

Reviewed September 20, 2011

If you can get a table at this packed little gem, do it or wait for one! The food here is to die for!! I must say this is my favorite place there to eat!

2  Thank edw165
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Hi all, if in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, a must is Mama D's. It is a very relaxing way to eat. Very pleasant place, from the people right down to the little extra's. The Best!

3  Thank jvenditti
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Simply put - just a great local breakfast nook. Just go.

1  Thank MrLlorrac
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My daughter and I had lunch at this place based on the reviews. My first impression was good. My daughter has some mobility problems - they had a handicapped spot in the back and a ramp. It was a very nice place. The waitress was young and appeared to be inexperienced. I asked about the soup and she said "she didn't think there was any left". After a pause I asked if she could check - to which she replied "ya, I guess I could".

My daughter and I both ordered sandwiches. My daugher, a beef sandwich drowned in mayo. Mine was a chicken wrap - chicken was dry and so was the bread.

Coffee was self-serve and was amazing. We had a chocolate chip cookie to go for dessert - it was dry and slightly burnt on the bottom.

During our 5 day stay in Maine this was the only restaurant that we could not find an online menu.

The reviews sounded so good and we were so looking forward to the experience but we were disappointed.

1  Thank Juanita_PEI