“Perfect!”

Harborage Inn on the Oceanfront
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Great place to spend our 43rd anniversary! Room was extremely clean and comfy with lots of extra touches. Real wine glasses, a china teapot and cups, warm robes and plenty of k-cups for the Keurig! Once we parked, we didn't need the car again (except to go to the Botanical Gardens). The inn was perfectly placed for walking all over town. Excellent breakfast. Great harbor views. Would not hesitate to stay there again. My only complaint (maybe I shouldn't complain) is that the cleaning staff starts VERY early. They were outside our open windows at 7AM!! While I compliment their enthusiasm, perhaps 8AM might be a better start time!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have better views.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Troy and Emery have thought of everything in their first class, elegant...jewel, The Harborage Inn. As a frequent visitor to Boothbay Harbor and other venues worldwide, I had to challenge myself to find something missing from this experience. It was perfection. My definition of "perfection" would include: Ease, Rest, Relaxation, Thoughtful, Caring, Lots of smiles, Stemmed wine glasses - IN THE ROOM!!, Outstanding breakfast, Beauty and attention to detail - just to name a few of The Harborage Inn's attributes. For future trips, The Harborage Inn will definitely be our "home" when we are in the Harbor!

Room Tip: Call and ask Troy!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Harborage Inn and loved it. It is an easy walk into town yet seems far removed from the hustle of the tourist area. Love the deck. We ate breakfast both mornings there and dinner one night. The rooms are a bit pricey but worth it if you can do it. All of the staff was amazingly friendly and so helpful with tips on things to do.

Room Tip: If you can afford a corner room do it. Then you have the best waterview. We were in Room 10 which...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We searched online for a room to celebrate our anniversary. We looked about a week before we went, because it was a last minute decision. I had some specific things I was looking for which helped the decision making process. I wanted the room decor to be interesting and the idea of cookie cutter rooms didn't appeal in the slightest. I wanted a decent breakfast, and a reasonable price. I was also looking for a place that looked nice on the outside, as well. after looking at many hotels and rooms we came across the Harborage. The rooms looked nice online and it seemed to fit our needs. I didn't check out reviews, we just decided to book. I have to say that we loved everything about the Inn. The place is even nicer in person, and the location couldn't have been better suited to us. It is a short walking distance from the very middle of town and therefore a lot quieter than many of the more central locations. When we walked around town in the evening we couldn't believe how lucky we were, because we weren't looking in particular for a quiet place but in town there were lots of people, music, and noise.

The breakfast was delicious and the hosts were very helpful with local info. All the staff were friendly and chatty. The room was air-conditioned and beautiful, and the bed was outstanding. I don't think there is a single negative thing that I could even think of to say about this place, we were that pleased. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Although the Harborage room that we were in was not "antiquey" it was lovely; spacious and extremely comfortable. The deck right outside was wonderful for viewing the harbor and the night sky. The hot tube was wonderful after a day of golf. More importantly they were extremely sensitive to the dietary needs of a person with celiacs! Breakfast was yummy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our family stayed for 4 days recently and had a fantastic time. Jennifer makes you feel right at home and gave us great pointers of places to see and restaurants. The breakfast is amazing. Loved the rooms which were very clean. The location is perfect - close to town so you can walk but it was still very peaceful to relax. We didn't want to leave. Definitely will return and already planning our next trip to the Harborage Inn and Boothbay Harbor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed, by myself, for five days in July. The service, innkeeper and owners were wonderful. The breakfast of course, was amazing. The inn is an easy walk from the town. i went on a recommended boat tour of the area and it's the best one I've ever taken. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo