“Excellent room, friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harborage Inn on the Oceanfront

Harborage Inn on the Oceanfront
Auburn, Maine
“Excellent room, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We searched online for a room to celebrate our anniversary. We looked about a week before we went, because it was a last minute decision. I had some specific things I was looking for which helped the decision making process. I wanted the room decor to be interesting and the idea of cookie cutter rooms didn't appeal in the slightest. I wanted a decent breakfast, and a reasonable price. I was also looking for a place that looked nice on the outside, as well. after looking at many hotels and rooms we came across the Harborage. The rooms looked nice online and it seemed to fit our needs. I didn't check out reviews, we just decided to book. I have to say that we loved everything about the Inn. The place is even nicer in person, and the location couldn't have been better suited to us. It is a short walking distance from the very middle of town and therefore a lot quieter than many of the more central locations. When we walked around town in the evening we couldn't believe how lucky we were, because we weren't looking in particular for a quiet place but in town there were lots of people, music, and noise.

The breakfast was delicious and the hosts were very helpful with local info. All the staff were friendly and chatty. The room was air-conditioned and beautiful, and the bed was outstanding. I don't think there is a single negative thing that I could even think of to say about this place, we were that pleased. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Brookfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Although the Harborage room that we were in was not "antiquey" it was lovely; spacious and extremely comfortable. The deck right outside was wonderful for viewing the harbor and the night sky. The hot tube was wonderful after a day of golf. More importantly they were extremely sensitive to the dietary needs of a person with celiacs! Breakfast was yummy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our family stayed for 4 days recently and had a fantastic time. Jennifer makes you feel right at home and gave us great pointers of places to see and restaurants. The breakfast is amazing. Loved the rooms which were very clean. The location is perfect - close to town so you can walk but it was still very peaceful to relax. We didn't want to leave. Definitely will return and already planning our next trip to the Harborage Inn and Boothbay Harbor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed, by myself, for five days in July. The service, innkeeper and owners were wonderful. The breakfast of course, was amazing. The inn is an easy walk from the town. i went on a recommended boat tour of the area and it's the best one I've ever taken. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife and I (along with my wife's sister and her husband) recently returned from a short trip to Boothbay Harbor. In planning the trip months ago, we had many choices of places to stay. We are so glad we chose the Harborage Inn. A cross between a B&B and a small boutique hotel (exactly the type of property we like), from the moment we arrived Emory and her staff made us feel welcomed. The rooms are beautiful, the service is top notch and the breakfast is fabulous. The deck is a great place for morning coffee and an afternoon cocktail. It's within short walking distance to many of the area shops and attractions. As we walked around and got a first hand look at the other properties, we confirmed to ourselves that we made the right decision and will definitely choose the Harborage Inn again when we return to Boothbay Harbor. There's so much we didn't get to do this time and so many interesting restaurants to try, we're already making plans for next summer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raymond, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I chose The Harborage Inn to spend our 44th anniversary. Our choice was a good one! Jennifer and the staff were very friendly and efficient. We stayed in two different rooms and both were exceptional. The rooms were decorated beautifully, each with great views of the harbor. I especially liked the electric tea kettle and tea service. A very special touch and unexpected. The breakfasts were very tasty and we even were treated to sticky buns delivered hot from the oven to our room!

Room Tip: Corner suites have an exceptional view, however it seems all rooms are afforded a great view on the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lafeher
Boylston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just returned from my second stay at The Harborage Inn and once again I loved it! The rooms are beautifully decorated and include many little extras such as soft comfy robes, a Keurig coffee maker, electric teakettle along with an assortment of teas and coffee, two wine glasses and ice bucket, and a magnified makeup mirror in the bath and a hairdryer. In addition, we had a fridge and a round table and two comfy chairs. Most rooms, including #6 where I stayed, have a seating area with nice chairs on the very large deck overlooking the water. Below the Inn there is a hot tub on the lawn at the edge of the water.
Now for the best part...the breakfast! The hot menu item changes daily. During my stay I had fresh wild Maine blueberry pancakes one morning with homemade sausages and the second morning was a delicious French puff pastry filled with melted cheese and ham along with a homemade apple cinnamon coffee cake. The innkeepers select local farm products when possible. In addition to the hot items there is always fresh fruit, yogurt, granola, breads for toasting, fresh squeezed juices and coffee and tea. I am probably forgetting something! This Inn is run by a young couple who really do know how to provide a wonderful experience for their guests. Their employees are pleasant and helpful. The Inn is within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I look forward to another stay soon.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends