“Warm and friendly visit”
Review of Atlantic Ark Inn

Atlantic Ark Inn
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Warm and friendly visit”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at the Atlantic Ark for two nights. The Inn has the perfect balance of friendliness and privacy that we were seeking as a couple. Donna, the owner, and Michelle were definitely devoted to making our visit enjoyable with every detail covered. The vegetarian breakfasts were delicious with cut fruit, egg and cheese dishes and freshly baked treats. We stayed in room 6 on the third floor, which is spacious and has a relaxing view of the harbor. The room has A/C, but we choose to take advantage of the cool breeze from the water with the sound of the buoy in the distance. Overall we felt welcomed the entire visit and certainly plan to revisit soon.

Room Tip: Room 6 has a great tub, but no shower. This was not a problem for us but may need to be considered...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our second visit to the Atlantic Ark Inn, our first visit was 2 summers ago. We stayed in the private cottage in the back of the property both times, and couldn't have been happier. It was our own little world slightly away from the main house. We were happy to be greeted by Devon, who made sure that everything was "just so" and he had wonderful suggestions for sightseeing and restaurants. The cottage was quiet, immaculate and had a wonderfully comfortable bed. We enjoyed meeting the other guests at breakfast each morning, which was always fresh and delicious. The inn is very close to the footbridge which takes you to the shops and restaurants. We were delighted once again and plan to return next summer. Donna, Devon and Michelle were warm and very much interested in our happiness while we were there. I would highly recommend the Atlantic Ark Inn!!

Room Tip: If you crave some privacy, stay in the cottage!!
Madison, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The Atlantic Ark Inn was the perfect place for our anniversary celebration (51 years), and at least two other couples, younger and older, were there for the same reason. The breakfast was OUTSTANDING, and the staff made us feel right at home.

Nottingham, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I can't say enough about how wonderful our stay was at the Atlantic Ark! I didn't want to leave after 3 short nights.. the Bliss room was so beautiful and peaceful and I hope to go back again soon. I've never stayed at an Inn and felt so relaxed and at home. I thank the team of Donna, Devon and Michele for being so warm, welcoming and helpful. The breakfast each morning was delicious and our room was always clean and a delight to come back to at the end of the day. I highly recommend this Inn and especially a stay in the Bliss room. It is the perfect spot in Boothbay Harbor since it is an easy walk to town over the footbridge and you get to enjoy some peace and quiet (with beautiful views). Thank you Donna, Devon and Michele! - Anne and Matt

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was the first trip for my wife and I to this part of the country and hope it will not be our last. We were met on our first day by Devon as Donna was out of town for a church outing. From day one I knew that we were in for a special treat. Our room the BLISS was absolutely outstanding. The view from the top floor was special. I found my self wanting to just sit in front of the window looking at the harbor for hours. I can not say enough about Donna, Devon or Michele, they make a wonderful team. The breakfast that was served each day was prepared by Devon was tremendous. In all we spent six nights at Atlantic Ark and our last night was just as wonderful as our first. I want to thank each of you for making our vacation a wonderful experience.. Rick & Sheila

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was my husband's and my first stay at Atlantic Ark B&B. We are already talking about our next visit. Donna, the owner welcomed us with a warm and sincere smile and chat. Devon, the innkeeper made sure that our experience there was one of relaxation and contentment. Breakfast was served each morning at 9:00 and was delicious......the baked french toast was like nothing we had ever had!!! A plate of cheese, crackers, and fruit was put our each afternoon for enjoyment and hot, freshly baked cookies were offered each evening. The Atlantic Ark is within walking distance to the town shops and restaurants and not far from other attractions of the area.
Our room, #3 Sweetness, was inviting and comfortable and thoroughly cleaned each day.

New Hampshire
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I have visited the Atlantic Ark 7 times in recent years. It is always a lovely experience. It was warm and welcoming the 1st time and it has stayed that way. Donna has always made us feel right at home, Devon is most helpful and friendly and Michelle takes care to make sure that everything is just right. We find it a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere than right in town, but it is an easy walk to town, and fun to cross the footbridge. We have stayed in several rooms, all have been immaculate and decorated with a loving hand. The breakfasts are absolutely the best.