“very pleasant visit”

Atlantic Ark Inn
Bath, pa
“very pleasant visit”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the inn for a couple of nights right after Labor Day. Our room was the "Bliss" on the third floor. Beautiful view of harbor from queen size bed and small balcony. Very comfortable furniture and bed. Very nice bathroom with jacuzzi tub, but no shower, which was ok, but a little surprising. The inn is decorated with antiques, very tastefully done, in my opinion. Not loaded with knick knacks, pillows, etc. Very clean establishment! . And the breakfasts were very good.; cooked by Devon, the innkeeper. Very good restaurants we could walk to and footbridge into town is just short distance walk. We would definitely recommend this inn to anyone.

Room Tip: I only know that our room the "Bliss" had a harbor view, on the third floor. Possiblyn a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chisholm, Minnesota
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We didn't see much of the owner (Donna) but her staff was always available and Very, VERY helpful.
My wife absolutely loved the cheese and crackers set out in the afternoon, the treats made fresh every evening and the breakfast's were fit for royalty!! I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

At first I was nervous about the breakfast's because of some of the reviews I had read about being strictly vegetarian as I am a big meat eater! But my nerves were calmed after the first morning. There wasn't any meat, but Holy moly can they cook. I have never seen a meal where I wanted to take a picture and show it to my friends!! Until this trip!

The staff is originally from Jamaica and I was just there last year and I can tell you Donna must've stole the best cook from the Island!! I definately plan on returning to Maine and when I do you can bet I'll be taking a trip up to the Atlantic Ark Inn and staying for a couple!!
I would recommend to anyone!!

ROOM= A+ (GREAT VIEW)
STAFF=A+
EXPERIENCE= OF A LIFETIME!

Thank youz for a GREAT HONEYMOON!!

Room Tip: The Bliss was awesome!! High ceilings, spacious, the spa/tub and walk out terrace were very romantic...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The stay was fabulous, the room was great, breakfast was a treat. We had such a relaxing week end in Boothbay Harbor.

Room Tip: If you wan the maximum romantic experience stay in
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed hare for two nights with our two kids. It was a wonderful experience, the owner, Donna was not there but we were wonderfully cared for by Devon and Michelle. They were really helpful and gracious. The breakfasts as cooked up by Devon were amazing. We will recommend this B & B to everybody who goes to Booth Bay. The anytime tea and coffee and cheese in the afternoon are wonderful touches and gives this B & B and edge over the others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My husband and I were married at the end of July and spent our honeymoon in August on the coast of Maine. We started our trip in Bar Harbor and ended in Boothbay Harbor, staying at the Atlantic Ark Inn. This was our first Bed and Breakfast experience and we were very pleased! The staff was wonderful!! We stayed in the biggest room, Bliss, and it was the entire attic of a renovated home. The room has a whirlpool bath, big enough for two, and had a deck with a beautiful view of the harbor. Location is everything when you travel and we hit the jackpot with The Atlantic Ark Inn. We walked to dinner or shopping each day and took a drive to Ocean Point, which was only a few miles away. Breakfast has never tasted so good and it seemed as though such great care was taken to ensure our stay was perfect. The house was filled with books to read, a few games and there was always fresh tea and coffee! We would definately stay there again!

Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Staff and owner took care of every request.Breakfast was something to look foward to.Rooms were very clean and cozy Great place to visit.

Westerly, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 30, 2011

From Devin's smiling greeting and area suggestions, to Michelle's serene and efficient cleaning and hostessing, to Donna's all around lovely management, to the gracious guests-all lovely and welcoming!!! Can't wait to go back! Breakfast always a special, unusual and delicious treat!! Our cottage with its welcoming garden was the perfect choice!!!! A and G

Room Tip: Had the cottage-charming and immaculate!!!