“Everything perfect!!!”
Review of Atlantic Ark Inn

Atlantic Ark Inn
Reviewed August 30, 2011

From Devin's smiling greeting and area suggestions, to Michelle's serene and efficient cleaning and hostessing, to Donna's all around lovely management, to the gracious guests-all lovely and welcoming!!! Can't wait to go back! Breakfast always a special, unusual and delicious treat!! Our cottage with its welcoming garden was the perfect choice!!!! A and G

Room Tip: Had the cottage-charming and immaculate!!!

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Thankyou Tripadvisor for leading us to one of the best B&B experiences we've ever had. And thank you Donna for running such a warm inviting Inn and staffing it with two wonderful people, Devon and Michelle. We were in Boothbay Harbor to celebrate my parents anniversary and while the rest of my family was down the street in a big old hotel my wife and I were snug and cozy in the Atlantic Ark Inn. Good move on our part. The Inn is a very short walk from the bridge that crosses the harbor into town. And the breakfasts were incredible. It was great to start the day with a fantastic breakfast and lively conversation with the other guests. It was our first visit to Boothbay and it won't be our last. And I know where we will be staying when we do visit again!

Thank ricka..
Reviewed August 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed here with a bunch of other folks visiting Boothbay Harbor for a wedding. The location is just a short walk across a footbridge to town and very close to all the restaurants and attractions. We parked the car on Friday and didn't drive it again until we left on Sunday. The gormet breakfasts were fantastic! A nice deviation from bacon and eggs, etc. We stayed in the "Solitude Room" behind the main house and enjoyed the privacy and relaxation. The staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. As soon as we arrived, we received a short and detailed briefing about everything we needed to know about the inn and given a map and orientation to the local sites. Totally enjoyed it and would certainly stay again!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

Outstanding breakfast, much more than I had expected. Host Devin very nice and does a wonderful job. Good location easy walk over ther
foot bridge to town. Cheese ans crackers in afternoon, tea and coffee all day.

Room Tip: All room are good, one is on the third floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2011

What an amazing and lovely B&B. Where to begin... Donna, the owner, is the most gracious host anyone could ask for- sweet, lovely, and very very kind. The house staff was excellent and most accommodating- and they breakfast they made was scrumptious. My boyfriend and I spent the evening in "Bliss"- the attic room- it was incredibly beautiful and romantic. The views from our window and private deck were great, and the moment we walked up to our room we could smell the fresh ocean breeze and hear the seagulls. It was truly a fantastic experience. Very very close proximity to everything- just a quick walk across the foot bridge and we were in town. But to be honest the best part was just outside the B&B was the Lobster Dock- the best deal on Lobster in the whole town- their slogan says that the only thing better than the view is the food.... hard to believe but true, the food and the view were fantastic. And it was so nice not to have to walk very far back to our room with a full tummies. I will definitely be staying at the Atlantic Ark Inn again the next time I'm in Boothbay. Truly fantastic-- and to be totally honest I am very fussy and never ever write reviews, but I felt that I had to. If you don't stay at the Atlantic Ark Inn with Donna you'll be missing out on an amazing Maine experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I just spent a night at the private cottage at the Atlantic Ark Inn. It was charming and cozy and we enjoyed a bottle of wine on the porch after dinner. The bathroom is quite small and only has a shower stall but was fine for the one night. We did not meet Donna, the proprietor, until check out but Devon and Michelle were very accomodating. Breakfast was lovely as we ate on the porch with the other guests. We could help ourselves to the fridge which had water, iced tea and iced coffee. Cookies were put out in the late afternoon but I have to say that I was disappointed that they were packaged cookies. One thing that I love about B&B's is the real homey feel, which I didn't totally experience here. The location is perfect, the views are spectacular and the cottage was private, clean and very comfortable. We would definitely return and I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We just spent two days at the Atlantic Ark. We spent a lot of time at the B&B reading on our porch, playing Rummykub (games provided by B&B), and went on little short boating adventures during the day. Usually when I travel I want to relax but don't feel at home where I'm staying. This was more comfortable than my own home. We stayed in Beauty which has a sweet little deck with a view of the bay and the sail boats. It is not water front property but we come from Boston and the only view we have is our neighbors' bathroom, so I enjoyed seeing the docked sailboats. Devon and Michelle, the hosts for the weekend, were so gracious, friendly, and thoughtful. Devon is an excellent cook. We had blueberry/raspberry french toast one day and a basil frittata the next day, and a beautifully presented fruit platter before the main course. There was ice tea and coffee all day, a cheese plates in the afternoon and cookies out at night. You can use their refrigerator and there's ice too. They really think of everything. Some people who own B&B do it because they are lonely and need company. That is not the feeling you get here, the exchanges are very easy and friendly. The Inn is perfectly located, within walking distance of the center of town, all the restaurants and boat tours. Once we parked the car, we didn't have to get into it again until we left. There's a little road noise but that's to be expected with the location. At least we weren't on the other side of the river where the crowds are, that's really loud. The pillows were too soft for me but that's personal preference. We're definitely going back, just bringing our own pillows next time. Other than that we arrived home rejuvenated.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple