“Loved being in the cottage!”
Review of Atlantic Ark Inn

Atlantic Ark Inn
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I just spent a night at the private cottage at the Atlantic Ark Inn. It was charming and cozy and we enjoyed a bottle of wine on the porch after dinner. The bathroom is quite small and only has a shower stall but was fine for the one night. We did not meet Donna, the proprietor, until check out but Devon and Michelle were very accomodating. Breakfast was lovely as we ate on the porch with the other guests. We could help ourselves to the fridge which had water, iced tea and iced coffee. Cookies were put out in the late afternoon but I have to say that I was disappointed that they were packaged cookies. One thing that I love about B&B's is the real homey feel, which I didn't totally experience here. The location is perfect, the views are spectacular and the cottage was private, clean and very comfortable. We would definitely return and I would certainly recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

We just spent two days at the Atlantic Ark. We spent a lot of time at the B&B reading on our porch, playing Rummykub (games provided by B&B), and went on little short boating adventures during the day. Usually when I travel I want to relax but don't feel at home where I'm staying. This was more comfortable than my own home. We stayed in Beauty which has a sweet little deck with a view of the bay and the sail boats. It is not water front property but we come from Boston and the only view we have is our neighbors' bathroom, so I enjoyed seeing the docked sailboats. Devon and Michelle, the hosts for the weekend, were so gracious, friendly, and thoughtful. Devon is an excellent cook. We had blueberry/raspberry french toast one day and a basil frittata the next day, and a beautifully presented fruit platter before the main course. There was ice tea and coffee all day, a cheese plates in the afternoon and cookies out at night. You can use their refrigerator and there's ice too. They really think of everything. Some people who own B&B do it because they are lonely and need company. That is not the feeling you get here, the exchanges are very easy and friendly. The Inn is perfectly located, within walking distance of the center of town, all the restaurants and boat tours. Once we parked the car, we didn't have to get into it again until we left. There's a little road noise but that's to be expected with the location. At least we weren't on the other side of the river where the crowds are, that's really loud. The pillows were too soft for me but that's personal preference. We're definitely going back, just bringing our own pillows next time. Other than that we arrived home rejuvenated.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Great location, Great service, Great linens, very clean and freshly remodeled, Great bathrooms very clean. Deven and Michelle are the greatest they are at the Inn to help with any questions, requests and they are a great team and make the best breakfast! I would return next summer too

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Very friendly people. Excellent service and wonderful food. We stayed in the cozy little cottage and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

One of the best B& B I have had the pleasure to stay at. We stayed 4 nights July 2010.
I only stay at B&B's and I compare them all to Alantic Art Inn. Thank You Donna.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2011

A pleasant inn with comfortable accommodations and very enjoyable sit down breakfast. Convenient walking to locations in Boothbay Harbor. Staff are very helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: check website for rooms as some have small porch with a partial harbor view
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We spent several days at a very special B&B - the Atlantic Ark Inn. Everything was perfect - even the weather. The inn was charming, clean, cozy, homey. The decor was just what we expected - and then some. Besides the cleanliness, the beds were comfortable, plenty of drawer and closet space, and the bed linens luxurious. And then the fabulous breakfasts - they were served beautifully by the warm and friendly staff, and were so delicious. Our favorite was the blueberry and raspberry french toast . We were able to eat outdoors overlooking the bay - what could be better. Donna, the owner, is such an interesting lady to talk to; she has been all over the world. As you can tell, we are looking forward to returning next summer!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple