“Gourmet pizza from a copper, wood-fired oven”
Review of Crust

Crust
Reviewed August 28, 2014

I have been enjoying Crust's pizzas since they first started their business last year, offering pizzas at the Boothbay farmer's market. This year they have a dedicated lot and can offer pizza more days of the week. I simply fell in love with the concept and the impressive copper dome oven created just for the owner of the business. Every pizza I have had at this concession has been great! They offer 4 kinds each day, some of them are quite unique flavor combinations. The pizzas are ready in just 3 minutes after going into the wood-fired oven. The crust is what makes them special, baked at 900 degrees! The pizzas are individual size, but the hearty crust will ensure that you won't go hungry after having one. They add artisan flavored olive oils from the Eventide store upon request. Hot tip: They will cater private events and they do a great job! They will work with you on a custom menu, and add side dishes if you so desire. We had a party for 40, with small kids, teens and two generations of adults. All of them loved the pizza! Who doesn't like pizza??!! I hope they show up for town event later this fall. I vote for breakfast pizza at the early bird shopping day in November! To address the pricing: I think that $9-$14 per pizza, priced according to toppings is right on target. Mc Seagulls charges $14-$15 for their personal pizza.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is the place to go if you want all natural fresh wood fired pizza. You can pull in to a little lot and step up and order and it will be ready in less than 10 minutes. The imagination with the toppings are out of this world delicious. I have tried many of them. My favorite.... to many but the blueberry, chicken sausage and goat cheese is a must! Think out side the box when trying one. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

My husband, 2 girls and I just returned from our visit to Boothbay Harbor. We visited Crust twice while there. The oven is parked ina grassy lot and yhere are two picnic tables provided to eat at (one wih an umbrella). The lady and man that run the stand are friendly and make the pizzas very quickly. Orderig, assembly and cook time was about 7 minutes total. If you are looking for a bulky, manufactured national chain style pizza, this is NOT the place for you. But, if you appreciate over fired pizza, perfect portions and a variety of unusual toppings, this is the place to be. Our margharita pizza with prosciutto, chorizo and pineapple, and plain cheese pizzas were delicious and the care that goes into them was evident. Try Crust out!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Took my friend's daughter out for pizza at Crust last week. It was horrible. It was made in a fire oven but the pizza was soggy and small and the cheese was awful.

Even though it only cost $9.00... I might as well have just balled up the money and thrown it out.

2  Thank SweetIndulgence