“Wonderful Experience!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 15, 2009

Our family of four decided to drive to Boothbay Harbor for some outdoor dining of LOBSTER! I am so happy we found Boothbay Lobster Wharf!
We went on a Monday in June, and had the place to ourselves. I personally didn't mind ordering from different windows (they are a few feet from each other, if that! Why complain?) All of us chose out size of lobster from the friendly young man working. He simply bagged the lobster into a steam net, added some corn, and a little while later, we grabbed out AWESOMELY STEAMED LOBSTER!
We had some time to take in the views on the docks while waiting for our food. The staff are friendly and courteous. I would visit again, FOR SURE.
I paid $15.95 for a 1.5 pound lobster, steamed and served to me with warm, melted butter. How much better can that be?
P.S. You pay a buck for a deposit on the lobster cracker...so funny! A good idea! Thanks for the great experience!

1  Thank ejacobsen

Reviewed October 4, 2008

Visited the Wharf the day after eating at the Lobster Dock. No comparison.

You order steamed seafood from one window and you remaining food from another window. One problem is timing. If you want an order of steamed clams as a appy, and other food; it may all come out together; which it did. You have to keep listening for you number to be called and venture back to the window when your orders are ready.

I had a Fish Sandwich for $9 which was overcooked and dried out. Joanne had a Lobster Roll for $16 which was small. Neither came with fries so a small order was $2.75 and sufficient for us. The fish sandwich at Bett's is so much better.

1  Thank HCLBRK
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Suggestions for a week in Boothbay; lunch everyday at the Lobstermen's Co-op.

I happily alternated lobster rolls(sometimes adding a little salt & mayo) with the fried scallop rolls - also delectable. Share an order of onion rings with every meal! The chicken nuggets for non-sea-food fans are really good too.

Yes, the ordering is a little weird; if you want lemonade, you have to get it from the bar - where you'll also find local beers. Yes, the seagulls really can steal your food, it's happened twice to our group.

Where else will you find a "fence of knowledge"? I won't go anywhere else, I don't care what tv show or celebrities are hawked down the street.
Can't wait to go back to the Co-op!

2  Thank karmamama
Reviewed August 24, 2008

So this place has all the requisites for a Maine lobster place - the sights, the sounds, the smell. But the food wasn't all that great. There was no wait at all at the ordering area, as opposed to the Lobster Dock a few doors down which had a long, slow moving line. Rather than waiting in that long line, we decided to give the now re-named "Boothbay Lobster Wharf" a shot since it rated so highly here on TripAdvisor. The menu seem uninspired to me .... not much of a good selection of fish. Everyone seemed to be ordering simply steamed lobster but I wasn't in the mood for the work so decided to get the lobster roll. It was pretty good, although it really just was hunks of lobster - no dressing, seasoning, lettuce, etc. Good lobster often doesn't need seasoning, but this one kinda did. The side of fries were boring too - greasy and not worth the calories. Next time, I'll try the Lobster Dock.

Reviewed August 18, 2008

The best place in the Boothbay area for lobster, steamed clams, chowder and lobster rolls. The food is authentic and the location is a wharf overlooking one of Maine's most famous harbours. You can tie your boat up or come by land.

1  Thank Trout13