“Great View! Better Food!”

Boothbay Lobster Wharf
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Portland, Maine
“Great View! Better Food!”
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I loved the Boothbay Lobster Wharf. They're now under new ownership, and have added an upper room of seating, with shelter from the wind and a great view of the water. I had the lobster roll and my mother had the crab roll. Both were very tasty and fresh, with just enough mayonnaise and a good helping of seafood. Local beers on tap and friendly staff. Plenty of seating, too. Bring your friends and family and make it a party upstairs! Or out on the open deck with umbrella cover. It's the third or fourth lobster place down the street, so keep driving until you see Boothbay Lobster Wharf. So good.

2 Thank ksomer

Gaberial
“What happened to the good ol days”
Reviewed May 31, 2007

My husband and i went to dinner here over memorial weekend, what a big mistake that was!!
I ordered fried clams , they were greasy, gritty and to top it off cold!!
The dock is nicer now but the staff and the food need a bit of help!!
We were so sad to see that all of the local workers no longer are there. The nice man in retail named mike who was there forever is no longer -now it seems that one of the best local run and local owned places is anything but that!!
Even the name itself is bad, for one it is located in Boothbay Harbor NOT Boothbay . There is a Lobsterman's Wharf, Fisherman's wharf, Robinson's Wharf, Gray's Wharf......It should be called the gritty greasy clod clam in my opinion.
My stomach felt ill all evening after that YUCK!

Lobster Dock is the place for Lobster now!!!!

2 Thank Gaberial
Florida
“The new Boothbay Lobster Wharf”
Reviewed September 6, 2006

What a nice experience! Yes, you can eat at other restaurants on the water but this place is a Maine experience. First we got a beer brewed in Maine and then we watched the lobster fishermen bring in their catch ( what a lot of lobsters! )
Then we went over to the restaurant tanks and picked out our lobster that we wanted cooked! We added clams and corn on the cob. Everything was delicious.
I understand that is under new ownership and that they have made some nice changes, Still keeping it original but making it better . We will be back!!!!!!!

6 Thank bgush
Chicago, IL
“The best place for seafood with a local flavor!”
Reviewed March 20, 2005

My wife and I recently visited this quaint waterfront restaurant and were very pleased with the fresh seafood and down to earth prices. It is very casual and you get to sample more than the delicious seafood offered here - watching the lobstermen bring in their daily catch was a delight. The opportunity to view the boats coming in with their hauls was quite a sight, and seeing the lobsters and fish being unloaded makes you really appreciate the hard work that these guys put in day after day.

We highly recommend this restaurant for the delicious, fresh seafood, the reasonable prices, and the local flavor that is otherwise non-existant in some of the other seafood dining establishments. We will be returning!!

19 Thank V-T