“Easy on the spices”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come and explore the cuisine of the Ports of Italy from our cozy restaurant on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Service, attentiveness, friendliness were exceptional. Fennel salad, dried beef appetizer and pasta sides were all excellent. We shared the suckling pig roll. Sharing is more than adequate. I thought it was over seasoned with thyme and rosemary for my taste, OK but not exceptional. I told the server who took careful note of it. May change for the future.
The fact that they are open seven days a week is very useful.

There are newer reviews for Ports of Italy

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The restaurant easily accommodated our party of eight on the enclosed porch. Service both friendly and attentive. Dishes mentioned by others--lobster ravioli, shaved fennel salad--very good, as were two veal dishes, the involtino and the saltimbucca, and the squid-ink pasta. We ate there at both beginning and end of our stay. Also a fine wine list with some interesting Italian choices (as well as others) that the sommelier will help with. Prices on both food and wine about $10 less than you'd pay for similar quality in a larger city (e.g., Boston).

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We love Boothbay and we love Ports of Italy and that's why we were back to celebrate another anniversary here from North Carolina! The food is amazing! We started with a salad of shaved fennel and orange segments with capers in a light dressing. It was so fresh and delicious! The handmade lobster ravioli and the tagliatelle with bolognese sauce were outstanding!
The owner, Sante suggested a great wine for us and the service could not have been better!! It was just another perfect dinner here!!!

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We have always stayed at Harbourtowne inn and Stephanie innkeeper has always said we have to try the Ports of Italy. I come to Maine to eat lobster I told her we gave it a try. OMG!
I never thought I would visit Maine and look forward to eating at an Italian restaurant, but I do. I have eaten at many Italian restaurants but this place is to die for.The service was
outstanding, the food was
superb, and the drinks were good too I might add! This place is a must!

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Full disclosure - we do have a family member who works here in the summer but that is a testament to our inside information about the perfection that the owner strives for. Desserts have to be served with a specific level of artistry. The owner expects perfection and is committee to hiring as much repeat staff to repeat in his business.

Any way, as for Ports of Italy - Keep up the great service and atmosphere, and congratulations on retaining such an excellent staff and chefs for the last few years!