“Great Italian dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ports of Italy

Ports of Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come and explore the cuisine of the Ports of Italy from our cozy restaurant on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor.
USAFret
“Great Italian dinner”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It had been two years since we visited Ports of Italy and I am happy to say it is just as great as I remembered it. The porchetta di ariccia is simply outstanding. Other dishes are very good as well. There is an extensive wine list. The staff, lead by the owner, is very friendly and attentive. This is not simply a neighborhood Italian restaurant it is one of the best places in the Boothbay region.

Siesta Key, Florida
“Food is excellent, NOISE is not!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After summer, the outside covered patio is enclosed to become the dining room. With concrete floor and hard wall and ceiling finishes, it is bad! No soft surfaces, Decible Rating in the 90's and not a pleasant space to enjoy what, otherwise, would be a wonderful dining experience. I would limit it to a summer visit, when the plastic wind shields are not in place.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great Italian/seafood fusion”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

An authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of Boothbay Harbour. Try the "Lob-stah" ravioli, and match with an Italian red.

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Heaven on a plate”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have eaten here for the last five years. I recommend the parking lot in the back of the restaurant with an enterace, Epecially good for older patrons that do not or cannot climb the steps from Commercial street. The food and service for the last five years have been constantly outstanding! Upon arrivial we were greeted by the owner who treated us like he was glad to see us, for me service and how your treated is as important as the food. Since we had reservations we were seated immediately. I feel that making resverations is a good idea no matter how busy or not a restaurant is. We were seated out on the deck, since it was an October evening the plastic was down and a heater was on. The space was very warm and comfortable.with a good view of the old homes in town. After talking to the owner for a while our water came over introduced himself and explained the specials and took our drink order. the wine list is extensive with a wide variety of wines. I ordered the lamb chops and my wife had the suckling pig, called porkchettia. Both dishes came with roasted potatoes and spinich. The three double lamb chops were cook perfectly, my wifes porkchetta was outstanding! For desert we shared the strawberries with age balsamic vingar and whipped cream. I would put the food and service here up against any Michlin star restaurant in the world.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Loved this restaurant-the food was great, the menu extensive with true Italian dishes. My husband had the suckling pig and it was fantastic. We had great service, the owner was helping out as they were very busy. It was just a wonderful evening, hope to return on our next trip. If I had any complaint I wish they had more parking. I know they have some behind the restaurant but it was full the night we were there and it was raining.

Visited September 2013