“Good food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come and explore the cuisine of the Ports of Italy from our cozy restaurant on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor.
Greenbrae, California
“Good food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went without a reservation and were put in a dark back corner on a very hot night. Once a table freed up in the front near a window, we were moved there where we could enjoy our very tasty dinner. My homemade veal ravioli was excellent.

Killington, Vermont
“Little Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stopped in Boothbay for an overnight before heading to Acadia. It was my fiance's birthday and so we wanted to find a special place for dinner. Ports of Italy was perfect. We made reservations and arrived a bit early. The patio dining area was crowded but our table was waiting. The rustic wood menus were fun and when the bread arrived in a paper bag well we knew we were in for a treat. The host and our waiter were friendly and helpful and enthusiastic! I tried their summer special martini. Our travel companions both had pasta dishes and raved about the freshness and authenticness. I went with lThe birthday boy went with veal and was very pleased! I could not resist lobster ravioli - some of the best I have had. Our dining experience went at a nice pace and the food left us wanting to return! We shared deserts and again - were not disappointed. A great choice...

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Kelly M
Sarasota, Florida
“Tired of Fried Fish?”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Ports is arguably the best restaurant in Boothbay Harbor, a rather touristy but still charming community that comes into bloom for about three months of the year and then hibernates the other nine. Don't bother with Ports if you want clam chowder and a fried seafood dinner. There are plenty of other places for that fare - good places too. Ports is your destination if you want good and reasonably authentic Italian food - not of the pizza and meatball variety - but the real stuff. My rating is based on the local competition, and in that context, Ports is a very satisfying destination.

1 Thank SanFranciscoGuy634
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Loved this restaurant!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had just travelled from Boston a few days before and had an excellent meal in the North end and expectations were low for an Italian restaurant in Maine - I was sooooo wrong! This place is excellent - veal was so good and seasoned well. My son had pasta and the meat sauce was good too - loved everything about this place. Service was a bit slow due to dinner rush - but not horrible. Dessert was very good too - don't miss out on this restaurant!

Massachusetts
“Excellent food with ok atmosphere”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently dined at Ports of Italy on a Monday evening with my husband. It was early 5:30 and the restaurant was not very crowded. We were seated promptly in the patio area. It was an ok atmosphere not what I would expect for the number one rated restaurant in Boothbay Harbor. Our waiter Tony was very gracious and recommended an excellent bottle of wine (at $45).

The beef carpaccio was good and large enough to share between two people. For our meals we had the Bolognese and the spinach ravioli. Both were very good and enjoyable. We got dessert to go since we were both too full. The desserts were ok but nothing to rave about.

The only reason that I can't give this restaurant a rating of excellent is the atmosphere. The patio area becomes very loud the more it fills up. I know that Boothbay is a very casual area but sitting next to a loud middle aged woman wearing a "yay beer!" t-shirt takes away from the whole "dining" experience. There should be some form of dress code albeit not a strict one. There is no view to speak of on the patio.

Excellent food but the atmosphere I seems to be in a bit of identity crisis. If you are going strictly for something really delicious to eat then this is highly recommended.

• Visited July 2013