“Bronx in Boothbay Harbor”
Review of Ports of Italy

Ports of Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come and explore the cuisine of the Ports of Italy from our cozy restaurant on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Given the recommendation to dine at Ports of Italy from Brian our host at Topside Inn, I was more than pleasantly surprised at what we encountered. From the moment we arrived, I felt like I had been whisked back to my Bronx, NY childhood and was in Mario's or Dominic's. The greeting brought an immediate smile to my face, the service was excellent then there is the food.

An amuse of bruschetta set the tone, then the Cesar salad with a good wine selection added to the joy. Great bread, great olive oil kept things moving. I could not decide between the rolled veal dish and a homemade pasta course so when I asked the opinion of our waiter, he suggested the veal with a side of homemade pasta with bolognese. PERFECT!! My wife had their homemade gnocchi in the four cheese sauce (which I sopped up with bread at the end, think almost a fondue ending). We were so full we passed on dessert but they have great selections there as well.

Ports of Italy, not to be missed...who would have thought that Nonna's neighborhood would have a summer home in Maine??

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in Boothbay Harbor three nights and ate here twice. Make a reservation. Very busy, very crowded. The service is excellent and the food is fantastic. The Caesar Salad, the Tagliatelle Alla Bolognese, the Porchetta, the Lobster Ravioli, the Ravioli Toscani in butter sage, the wine ... everything was superb. This place is #1 for a reason.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were looking for something other than seafood for a change of pace. Ports of Italy was across from where we were staying on Boothbay Harbor so we decided to try it. Best decision ever! The food was fabulous the service even better - thanks to Katie our server! If you are looking for Italian food in Maine this is it.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice table in the bar, looking out over the main street, and the harbor beyond. Seated promptly, and service was very attentive all evening.

Food was luscious! Fresh, handmade pasta is the feature here, with a selection of more than a half dozen sauces to combine with. We tried several appetizers, and all were really good. Dessert was tiramisu -- also good -- and the cappaccino was also tasty!

Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Best Italian food in a very long time. The caprese salad is a must! The porchetta is incredible. Great service. Wish it was in my hometown.

1  Thank RedSnapper1950