“Everything was Perfect! (Except the Weather!)”
Review of Ports of Italy

Ports of Italy
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Come and explore the cuisine of the Ports of Italy from our cozy restaurant on the waterfront in Boothbay Harbor.
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Had a rainy weekend in Boothbay Harbor. Decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner...boy were we right on with this one! Food was absolutely Wonderful, Service was Great! The wine that our server Tony suggested was spot on, and dessert was divine! Will definitely return!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had read the great reviews and wanted to make sure we stopped in on our trip. I was a little hesitant to have one of our meals at an Italian place when I felt like we should be at a Lobster restaurant! We didn't have reservations on a busy night but that was no problem and they got us a table after a short wait. The service was good but the best part was the food was amazing. The best Ravioli I have ever tasted. If you love Italian, this place is a must visit while in Boothbay. The atmosphere was definitely romantic and cozy.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I took my sweetheart there for his 50th birthday. Sante went out of his way to make the meal extra special for us. It was the perfect meal! Great service. We may go back tomorrow!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Make sure you have your cocktail poured at the table. Ordered a JohnnienWalker Black (JWB). What I got was NOT a JWB but a substitute. It did not have that dark amber color or smokey taste of a JWB. JWB is all I ever drink. I was going to challenge the waitress and have one poured directly from the bottle to compare. But, my wife asked me not to make a scene and just drink it.

Being of Italian decent.....believe me....the food was not that great either. Ate there twice, just to see if they had an off day. Just can't understand all the great reviews. I guess I'm just spoiled
from my wife's cooking or the great Italian restaurants we have in NYC.

However, I have to say, it was better then the other restaurants in Boothbay, which were absolutely terrible.

Pezzodimerda, Owner at Ports of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

I am very sorry that you was disappointed about the food at my Restaurant, i agree with you that New York has lots of great Italian Restaurants and that we are not at the same level, i did work myself at Bice in NYC for 23 years.
Me and the chef Fabrizio (both of us originally from Italy, both of us come to this country around the age of 24) are trying very hard to prepare and present to our wonderful costumers something that we consider classic italian cousine and unfortunately is extremely hard almost impossible too please everyone....even in NYC.
One think really upset me, is when someone tell me that i am cheating. Really i have no time and interest to switch a Johnny Walker black label with anything else. I like to spend my time in more important daily task like some great game of Tennis or how to give a better quality food and improve our service for our costumers that like you say (not understand) why so many give us
great reviews!
Ciao e Auguri
Sante

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been to many Italian restaurants, both here and in Italy. This restaurant is up there with the best of them. The wine, food and service were all excellent and I also liked the atmosphere- very cosy. Highly recommend it if you're visiting Boothbay Harbor!