“Do not go here”

Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our dining room is helmed by Award Winning Executive Chef Stephen Richards, the 2014/2015 Maine Lobster Chef of the year. Our menu features reinvented coastal cuisine and focuses on simply prepared items made with the freshest possible local ingredients, making us a top destination in Boothbay Harbor for casual meals and special occasions alike. Dine on authentic upscale fare when you select Fisherman's Wharf Inn for your day or evening on the town. Enjoy freshly caught Maine lobster and fish on the outside deck, savor a grilled-to-order steak in our dining room, or enjoy a hearty sandwich and salad in our intimate pub. Our food is complimented by 16 Draft Beers, Frozen Drink specialties, an international wine list and a fully stocked bar. Spectacular water views are available from every seat in the house.
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Do not go here”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

To have bad seafood in a restaurant on the water in Maine is unbelievable but it is true. The scallops were old and soggy and inedible. The swordfish was slathered in a salsalike mess whcih gave away that it might not be fresh. The gentleman at the next table couldn't eat his steak and returned his meal. I guess that should have been a clue! So not only was the seafood inedible but the steak was also. The service was great and the waitress clearly avoided asking how our meal was as I imagine she must be used to people being upset. Beautiful setting awful food. Stay away.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank suzanne m
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. I am truly sorry that your meal did not meet your expectations. I have shared your review with the chef so that we may strive to improve our customer experience. Though I cannot take away your bad experience, I would like to thank you for helping us improve ourselves, and certainly hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Till then, please travel safely and often.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Chester, New Hampshire
“Gigantic Menu-Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family of 5 (adults and 3 teens) ate here during windjammer days. The service was excellent and the food was good. They have a huge menu. The nacho appetizer was very good- it reminded me of something I would make at home. The menu prices are reasonable and the location is excellent.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Wayne M
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. On behalf of the entire staff, we really appreciate your kind words and your feedback will help other travelers decide where to spend their time. I am very happy that you enjoyed your nachos and that you were able to experience one of the really great events in the harbor, Windjammer Days. Our deck is one of the best vantage points for this event, I am glad that you were able to join us. Please come visit again soon- till then, travel safely and often.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very quaint and peaceful”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice little town. Everybody was so friendly. You can walk everywhere. The shopping and restaurants were nice as well.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ljutm
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. We appreciate your kind words, and I am very happy that you enjoyed our little town so much. Boothbay Harbor really is a special place and it is great to hear that you share the feeling. We hope to see you again soon- till then travel safely and often.

Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not a good experience. I got the surf and turf. Wanted my steak med-rare leaning on the rare side. The steak was cooked through and tough as a boiled owl. The lobster was actually raw. I sent the lobster back and the microwaved it so it was tough and over done. Maybe they got the 2 mixed up. really a rip off for the money. The waiter said they had a new chef before we got our meal. Should consider rehiring the old chef.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Scott H
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. I am sorry that the meal did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with the chef, and your feedback will help us create a more positive and successful customer experience. I truly hope that you will come visit us again so that we may have a second chance to improve your opinion of us. Till then, please travel safely and often.

Waterville, Maine
“Not a great dining exerience this time”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the third time we've eaten at Fisherman's Wharf Inn and the first two times were very good if somewhat expensive. This time we planned our annual visit to Boothbay Harbor to include lunch here. The Thai Coconut Mussels were flavorful but VERY small and "shriveled." My partner said his food was good. Mine, the vegetarian pizza was terrible, so bad I had to send it back. It featured artichokes and spinach, neither of whch had been properly drained making the whoe thing cold and soggy. In addiion, it was served with a piece of paper under it and the paper was so soggy I ended up with a piece of it in my mouth when I tried to eat the pizza. Our waitress was wonderful and cheerfully brought me replacement crab cakes, which were okay although a little over fried. No sure I would go back here after this experience. This is not an inexpensive restaurant and I was expcting something special.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank MaineVermontTraveler
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. I am truly sorry that the meal did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with the chef and we are working hard to improve our customer experience based on your feedback. I sincerely hope that you will visit us again so that we may have a opportunity to exceed your expectations. Till then, please travel safe and often.