“Awful management”

Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our dining room is helmed by Award Winning Executive Chef Stephen Richards, the 2014/2015 Maine Lobster Chef of the year. Our menu features reinvented coastal cuisine and focuses on simply prepared items made with the freshest possible local ingredients, making us a top destination in Boothbay Harbor for casual meals and special occasions alike. Dine on authentic upscale fare when you select Fisherman's Wharf Inn for your day or evening on the town. Enjoy freshly caught Maine lobster and fish on the outside deck, savor a grilled-to-order steak in our dining room, or enjoy a hearty sandwich and salad in our intimate pub. Our food is complimented by 16 Draft Beers, Frozen Drink specialties, an international wine list and a fully stocked bar. Spectacular water views are available from every seat in the house.
Chicago, Illinois
“Awful management”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

What an appalling nightmare. This place has either no overlooking management or a manager who has the skills of the Swedish chef.

Came here 4th of July night with a reserved party of forty people for a weekend wedding. Somehow 'management' thought it was a good idea assigning only one waitress in our entire section. This girl was in over her head the whole night understandably and forgot drink orders, and for one of our tables, their entire entree order! Yep they sat at their table (with drinks at least) but over 90 mins pass with no meals. The inundated waitress simply throws down their full bill (entrees and all) yet our compadres at that table couldn't eat.

Trying to rectify this with the waitstaff she kept ongoing the excuse that its the busiest night of the year, but I don't know how anyone makes a blunder that bad. She took off the meals for that table of guests but not their drinks. When asked to speak with a manager, she said they couldn't speak with them, simply because how busy the restaurant was that night. What?? Isn't that the management's job is to put out logistical fires like this one? Like I said horrible management will definitely make me pass on this place in the future.

In the end you are better off diving into that harbor behind this place and catching a great meal with your bare hands.

Ambiance... On a side point this place needs a restaurant impossible makeover badly. The drab and dated interior does not match their price point whatsoever.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Hogues
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. I am truly sorry that your experience failed to meet your expectations. I have personally spoken with my dining room manager about this situation; I am glad that you were able to enjoy the fireworks, but it is unfortunate that the fireworks display commenced as the food was delivered your table. We will do our best to learn from the situation and your feedback, and I wish you health in all your future endeavors.

Alan P Baldwin
Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Good food fair service”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

There was a mix-up in the kitchen which caused a delay in getting our food. After waiting about 30 minutes we asked the manager to check on our order. Our waitress told us my salad was given to somebody else. When we finally received our food it was good. I ordered the berry salad(strawberries and blueberries) with grilled chicken added on. My husband ordered the Maine crabmeat roll with potato salad. The manager was kind enough to adjust our bill- he gave us a discount due to the mix-up. There are nice water views both inside and on the outside deck.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gloria H
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn and Restaurant. I am truly sorry about the mix up with your order, and I happy to hear that when your food arrived, it was enjoyable. I hope that you will consent to give us another chance to exceed your expectations; till then travel safely.

Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaraunt
Portland, Maine
“EXCELLENT! the best lobster I have ever had in my life.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

the wait staff were wonderful, helpful and the food was excellent. It was my first time to eat a whole lobster, the waitress showed me start to finish on how it's done.. she was friendly without being pushy.. the blueberry pie was very good. the wine excellent!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank crusinKate
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. It is wonderful to hear about your first lobster experience, and I am glad it was so enjoyable. Lobsters can be a bit daunting for those who have never eaten them, so I am happy to hear that our server was so helpful. Your kind words mean a lot to us, and we certainly hope you made fond memories of your time with. We hope to see you again soon, and until then, travel safe!

Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant
Boston, MA
“Definitely worth a visit”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stopped in for lunch while walking around the downtown shops and restaurants. Friendly staff. The view was great and the food and service were both equal to the view. Lobster club was excellent. Will definitely stop in again.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank MATravelerBOS
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. Your kind words are really appreciated, and I am very happy that you were able to enjoy the view while you were with us. It really is one of the finest in the harbor. The Wharf Lobster Club has long been a tradition here at the Wharf, and I am glad you enjoyed. We are looking forward to your next visit with us, hope to see you again soon!

Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant
Houston, Texas
“Mediocre food and poor service”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I are Boothbay Harbor summer residents -- we're remodeling our kitchen and taking the opportunity to sample local restaurants for breakfast. We tried the Fisherman's Wharf this week and were disappointed with both the food and service.

Re: food, my husband pronounced his Eggs Benedict as the worst he'd ever had, and rated the coffee as poor. I ordered oatmeal (steel-cut, which was a pleasant surprise) served almost cold, with no milk, sugar, honey or other topping, and no spoon (I ended up using my teaspoon for both tea and cereal -- OK for a diner but not what one would expect at an establishment trying to be a cut above) -- I asked for milk and received just enough to add to a cup or two of coffee, not enough to turn an oatmeal brick back into cereal. I also ordered a blueberry pancake -- batter may have been OK but the result tasted as though the griddle had been coated with butter that was less than fresh.

Re: service, the dining room was empty when we arrived but the hostess insisted on seating us and all succeeding arrivals in a tight clot/row, beginning with the table closest to the beverage station. Did the servers ask her to keep us all bunched together, to minimize the number of steps they'd have to walk? In any case, the upshot -- given the tight spacing of the tables -- was that we spent our meal effectively forced to listen to at least 3 other conversations, even though the dining room was 90% empty. Kudos, though, to the young woman who was delivering all orders from the kitchen -- seemed that her job is to bring the food to the dining room and hand it off to the server for delivery to the tables, but when it became clear (with our order and with others) that the relevant server was nowhere to be found, she took the initiative to take the food to the tables herself. Absent her energetic (and apparently unique) interest in customer service, our meal would have been stone cold, rather than almost cold.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank texastrekker66
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. I have shared your review with the dining room staff, and though it may be small consolation to you, I assure you they will learn from your experience. I apologize that your meal failed to live up to your expectations and that your concerns were not addressed at the time of your meal. Please accept my apology, and my sincerest hope that you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.

Fisherman's Wharf Inn