“EXCELLENT! the best lobster I have ever had in my life.”

Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Our dining room is helmed by Award Winning Executive Chef Stephen Richards, the 2014/2015 Maine Lobster Chef of the year. Our menu features reinvented coastal cuisine and focuses on simply prepared items made with the freshest possible local ingredients, making us a top destination in Boothbay Harbor for casual meals and special occasions alike. Dine on authentic upscale fare when you select Fisherman's Wharf Inn for your day or evening on the town. Enjoy freshly caught Maine lobster and fish on the outside deck, savor a grilled-to-order steak in our dining room, or enjoy a hearty sandwich and salad in our intimate pub. Our food is complimented by 16 Draft Beers, Frozen Drink specialties, an international wine list and a fully stocked bar. Spectacular water views are available from every seat in the house.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

the wait staff were wonderful, helpful and the food was excellent. It was my first time to eat a whole lobster, the waitress showed me start to finish on how it's done.. she was friendly without being pushy.. the blueberry pie was very good. the wine excellent!

2  Thank crusinKate
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. It is wonderful to hear about your first lobster experience, and I am glad it was so enjoyable. Lobsters can be a bit daunting for those who have never eaten them, so I am happy to hear that our server was so helpful. Your kind words mean a lot to us, and we certainly hope you made fond memories of your time with. We hope to see you again soon, and until then, travel safe!

Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stopped in for lunch while walking around the downtown shops and restaurants. Friendly staff. The view was great and the food and service were both equal to the view. Lobster club was excellent. Will definitely stop in again.

1  Thank MATravelerBOS
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. Your kind words are really appreciated, and I am very happy that you were able to enjoy the view while you were with us. It really is one of the finest in the harbor. The Wharf Lobster Club has long been a tradition here at the Wharf, and I am glad you enjoyed. We are looking forward to your next visit with us, hope to see you again soon!

Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I are Boothbay Harbor summer residents -- we're remodeling our kitchen and taking the opportunity to sample local restaurants for breakfast. We tried the Fisherman's Wharf this week and were disappointed with both the food and service.

Re: food, my husband pronounced his Eggs Benedict as the worst he'd ever had, and rated the coffee as poor. I ordered oatmeal (steel-cut, which was a pleasant surprise) served almost cold, with no milk, sugar, honey or other topping, and no spoon (I ended up using my teaspoon for both tea and cereal -- OK for a diner but not what one would expect at an establishment trying to be a cut above) -- I asked for milk and received just enough to add to a cup or two of coffee, not enough to turn an oatmeal brick back into cereal. I also ordered a blueberry pancake -- batter may have been OK but the result tasted as though the griddle had been coated with butter that was less than fresh.

Re: service, the dining room was empty when we arrived but the hostess insisted on seating us and all succeeding arrivals in a tight clot/row, beginning with the table closest to the beverage station. Did the servers ask her to keep us all bunched together, to minimize the number of steps they'd have to walk? In any case, the upshot -- given the tight spacing of the tables -- was that we spent our meal effectively forced to listen to at least 3 other conversations, even though the dining room was 90% empty. Kudos, though, to the young woman who was delivering all orders from the kitchen -- seemed that her job is to bring the food to the dining room and hand it off to the server for delivery to the tables, but when it became clear (with our order and with others) that the relevant server was nowhere to be found, she took the initiative to take the food to the tables herself. Absent her energetic (and apparently unique) interest in customer service, our meal would have been stone cold, rather than almost cold.

2  Thank texastrekker66

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience. I have shared your review with the dining room staff, and though it may be small consolation to you, I assure you they will learn from your experience. I apologize that your meal failed to live up to your expectations and that your concerns were not addressed at the time of your meal. Please accept my apology, and my sincerest hope that you will give us a second chance to exceed your expectations.

Fisherman's Wharf Inn

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Most beautiful view of the harbor. Impecable service from our waitress, Kyle. Small selection of food (breakfast), but my wife and I were very satisfied with our omelets and orange-spiced french toast. Considering staying in this hotel next summer. We will definitely be coming back!

1  Thank Joseph A
FrontDeskManager_FWI, General Manager at Fisherman's Wharf Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant- your kind words mean a lot to the entire staff, and will help future travelers make decisions when they are deciding where to spend their time and money. I am very happy that you were able to enjoy the view from our restaurant; I would agree with you that it is the finest in the harbor! We would be honored to host you during your next visit to Boothbay Harbor, and are looking forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you for making us part of your Maine summer tradition.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Four course meal at an excellent price that was very good, in a nice waterside dining room with excellent service.

1  Thank Carol E

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Fisherman's Wharf Inn & Restaurant. The entire staff and myself appreciate your kind words, and I am certainly happy you could take advantage of the great spring specials we ran this year. Come back and visit us again soon!

Fisherman's Wharf Inn